Author Topic: FH slows internet? Help please  (Read 1469 times)

Offline opal9

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
FH slows internet? Help please
« on: August 30, 2012, 05:09:33 pm »
I got a new HP Palvilion m6 laptop two days ago and it was working fine but once I downloaded FH my internet slowed down a lot and it even cuts off completely to where I have to restart my laptop just to get the connection back. My dad's laptop doesn't have FH and his internet is so much faster then mine. I uninstalled FH from my laptop and the internet got a lot better, I really don't wanna leave FH, any suggestions? I tried scanning for spyware and I even ran a disk cleanup.

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
Re: FH slows internet? Help please
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 05:24:34 pm »
Well honestly, FH shouldn't slow down a new computer so much to where you can't even use your internet... though if you do have crappy service it might. I also know that with HP computers, FH can be a little wonky. Something related to that might be happening to you. Though I can tell you for certain that there is no spyware in the FeralHeart setup if you downloaded it from this site directly.

Thierry

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 05:25:35 pm »
FH does not eat a lot of bandwidth, only just around 5Kb/s, so teorically can work on any internet connection.

What maybe is happening is your computer has only one core processor and slow down the whole computer including the internet in only that computer. sorry, in seen your laptop model and it is not your case.

If it slows down the internet in all the computers of your home, maybe you are using a bad internet provider who shapes your internet connection speed when you are running online games (that was my case before). There are not much to do more than get a better internet provider (i don't mean to increase the connection speed, just to change the internet service provider)

You know what is the name of your internet service provider?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 05:28:54 pm by Thierry »

Offline opal9

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 05:31:54 pm »
FH does not eat a lot of bandwidth, only just around 5Kb/s, so teorically can work on any internet connection.

What maybe is happening is your computer has only one core processor and slow down the whole computer including the internet in only that computer. sorry, in seen your laptop model and it is not your case.

If it slows down the internet in all the computers of your home, maybe you are using a bad internet provider who shapes your internet connection speed when you are running online games (that was my case before). There are not much to do more than get a better internet provider (i don't mean to increase the connection speed, just to change the internet service provider)

You know what is the name of your internet service provider?

Yes, I'm currently with Rogers and on my old laptop FH worked great (my old laptop was a gateway but the internet switch broke completely thus I got a new laptop)

Thierry

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 05:56:29 pm »
As far i know, Rogers is a good internet service provider (don't thrust me 100% since i don't have rogers).

It will be hard someone here can give you a helpful answer since almost no one here is a network expert. You will need to ask to an network engineer, or someone else.
If you know a little about networks, restart your router/switches and ask for help to check their configurations.

The only thing im sure is FH does not eat much bandwidth.

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 08:48:52 pm »
Are you running any other applications that might interfere with FeralHeart when it is run?
Also, did your connection slow down, or just your computer in general? I use an HP Pavilion dv6, and I've had no problems with FeralHeart on Windows or Fedora 17. Has this happened ever since installation, or after the second time you run the game? Some ISP's block or filter traffic for games as well... But, the traits this event displays are indeed rather odd.

I ran a test to see how much bandwith FH used. The difference was 0.4kbps.

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo