Author Topic: Map Help  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Spartathewolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • My Path is Lit for me, and im the one who lit it!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Map Help
« on: September 02, 2012, 09:56:59 pm »
I make a map, then expot, and then when  i give it out for rp and people cant see the objects o.o Why and help?

CloudFish

Re: Map Help
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 09:58:17 pm »
the custom objects you added to the map did not have their own groups and so will not show up to others in-game

create new object groups for these meshes, like spartaobjects and then reexport your map

Offline Spartathewolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • My Path is Lit for me, and im the one who lit it!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 01:33:51 am »
the custom objects you added to the map did not have their own groups and so will not show up to others in-game

create new object groups for these meshes, like spartaobjects and then reexport your map
All the objects that I downloaded were Under a new folder I made called Objects, yet they still didn't show up ;3; im getting paid for the map so im freaking out! Thecactus did show up, or the tumbleweeds or the fox ribs and there big things in the map

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 03:51:53 am »
Did you put all 3 files that were exported into the zip/rar?

Offline Heartsky

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 09:38:48 am »
Did you make sure if you had any extra groups of objects that you put the .fho file in? That allows others to see the objects for example:
MyTreesExtra.fho
The object files that are classed as "OBJECT file" to the right allow you to have the options menu in map maker, hence in exporting this file is not needed.
Also, if the normal .fho file does not work, you can go to object maker to try and re-export them, just click of one of the object in the folder and then export and it will export the whole folder. The .fho file for the object folder can then be found in "exports" (due to overwriting reasons, I suggest you move everything in there into a temporary folder so as to get the .fho file separate.
Try replacing the old .fho files with that, hope this helps :) (Sorry if you had already figured this out)

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 10:21:02 am »
Did you make sure if you had any extra groups of objects that you put the .fho file in? That allows others to see the objects for example:
MyTreesExtra.fho
The object files that are classed as "OBJECT file" to the right allow you to have the options menu in map maker, hence in exporting this file is not needed.
Also, if the normal .fho file does not work, you can go to object maker to try and re-export them, just click of one of the object in the folder and then export and it will export the whole folder. The .fho file for the object folder can then be found in "exports" (due to overwriting reasons, I suggest you move everything in there into a temporary folder so as to get the .fho file separate.
Try replacing the old .fho files with that, hope this helps :) (Sorry if you had already figured this out)
Sorta what i meant.  XD