Author Topic: RP Newbies look here!  (Read 1660 times)

PaintedWolf

RP Newbies look here!
« on: September 05, 2012, 10:18:02 pm »
Alright, first of all.
       What's with all the fighting about illiteracy? Sure there newbies, or just don't decide to be literate.
I mean, I see agruments, discussions, and rants. I want to stop that, forum is not about fighting or arguing. It's about real time discussions, that really mean something!

Newb? Getting harassed by literates? Don't know what a RP sample is? KABOOM! Read further and become a full time RPer to the MAX~

Lately for my RPs, the main reason I can't get members is because NO ONE knows what a RP sample is! Time to show what a RP sample is, look below.

The small skittish female wolf looked at her mother, with blue eyes that gleamed in hers. She shivered, in embrassment. She waited for her mother to yell at her, she had serious eyes. Her mother frowned, but came with a enlightend smile upon her face she patted her head and walk back to the den. The young one blinked, and then smiled. "Heheh, I love you mom!" the pup called with the smile painted on her face, as she ran toward her group of friends to play.

Alright, that is a literate RP sample. Hence the name Roleplay sample. A RP(Roleplay) sample is just a sample of your RPing! Easy as that!
Now if you want to get into a literate RP. Your best chance is to not use hyphens(-) at all. Keep up your best grammar, use quotes("") when your character is talking and you should be good! Also, literate must need about 3 sentences per post not just one sentence you need 2-3 or 4 sentences.  Also, as you see up on my RP sample there. I misspelled some words. It's okay to do that. You do not need to be perfect, most the time the user doesn't even notice!

To a different topic, characters.
     A bunch of people usually just judge people by there character's name and use of colors and size. To be honest, I do that sometimes. Remember first impression is important!

For the rules, below please.

- Always make sure your character's name is fully 'capped up', ex. ' alex ' <-- WRONG RIGHT--> 'Alex'

- Pelt colors realistic, or semi. Depends on RP, by what a mean. Realistic- Realistic colors, no neons, usually brown, gray, white, black. Semi- Realistic through semi, no neons. Don't go overboard with colors. Unrealistic- Whatever you choose, just don't go overboard with neons.

- Sometimes or many times, people have problems with the fully red scar markings and fully blackness. I sometimes have a problem with it. As it just looks for some reason very unliterate. Sometimes people avoid those people... o_o

That should be it! Just keep that up and you'll go to whatever RP your RP heart desires! <3

Painted out~

CloudFish

Re: RP Newbies look here!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 10:29:44 pm »
think it is helpful, should be expanded upon a bit i think though. not sure with what.

PaintedWolf

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 10:45:57 pm »
Hehe, sorry about that. I'm looking at the main probs I could think of.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 10:51:16 pm »
Good points and very helpful indeed PaintedWolf but as CloudFishy said you definately should consider adding more on here especially since it's such a commonly discussed topic. This is like a discussion/tutorial. Maybe even add some help with the RP fighting. Alot of new people I know sometimes have trouble with RP fighting since there is like a rule system to fighting. You could maybe create a little RP example of that or maybe even start a whole new post about it that would be great. So many people complain about power players so this might help some of the new generation of FeralHeart Floofs not grow to be Power Players and instead better fighters lol.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:53:01 pm by LordSuragaha »

PaintedWolf

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 11:08:15 pm »
Haha, in the mean time I will.

Offline Tessel.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • and this time, we're gonna get funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 11:18:34 pm »
Very informative! Sure should help a ton of people!

Siggy and avi by me. PM me if you need anything, friends.