Author Topic: Map Sharing  (Read 778 times)

Offline Particular836

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Map Sharing
« on: September 22, 2012, 09:03:45 pm »
what files do i give people to be able to go into my map?

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
Re: Map Sharing
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 09:16:08 pm »
Once you've completed your map, you press the Export button in Map maker, then you should find the appropriate files in Exports.
Gather them up and put them in a folder, then upload them on mediafire.com.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 06:11:28 am »
Just as Zaroque has said once you've exported your map you go to your Feral Heart folder in the exports and there you will find those exported files like .fhm (The actual map file), .fho (Any objects), .fhs (The sky), .fhw (Any weather cycles), and so forth. Find these files and put them all into a folder possibly by dragging them on to your desktop and then compress your folder and upload it to a file sharing website. Goodluck.

Offline Jegrde

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 08:36:24 pm »
I've found if you download objects to your map, they sometimes glitch and crash your FH.
Now I'm not overly smart about these things, but; I make a copy of my FH and rename the folder.
This way, when I export my map the game is saved like a back up in a second folder.
Original folder = Fh
Copy folder onto desktop = asjfhws

Before exporting my map I always delete all my exported files in asjfhws from the folders so not to confuse them with previously downloaded or modified exports. I then open asjfhws and go to my map maker, export my map. The files will compress into files in the export folder you previously cleared. When you go back to your exports after 'exporting' your map, you will have all the files you need.

Compress all the files now in your export folder (right click, send to, compressed file) and move the file from the folders directly onto your desktop. You can now delete the copied FH game as the job it served is done. You now have a file package to upload and share.

1. Make a copy on your desktop of FH & rename it
2. Clear your exports in the copied file
3. Export your map in the copied file
4. Compress exports to a zip folder and move to desktop
5. Delete the copy of FH you used to export
6. Upload your map to a file sharing site and distribute