Author Topic: Pokemon Controversy  (Read 3718 times)

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Controversy
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 09:21:51 pm »
The fact that 10 years in, Ash is still the same age.
There's a legitimate reason for that, though, LOL. I don't view it as controversy.

There have been cards that were banned due to the artwork. The one I remember is where a Golbat card had swastika symbols on it.

Back when Burger King had those little Pokeballs with small Pokemon inside (you guys remember those, right? The plastic keychain ones that screw on and had a keychain clip for your belt?). A couple kids got them got the Pokeballs stuck on their faces and nearly suffocated, so there was a massive and expensive recall for them.

If I remember there was some religious guy on TV [?] who ranted about Pokemon some years ago, too. I won't go into details as this is a religious thing and happened a long time ago [my guess due to video quality and video clips is about...2000-ish], but if you want to watch the video, you can see it here: "Pokemon Power" ((There are more of these online that rant about Harry Potter/Minecraft and the like, so if people actually find these interesting I'll share the links and stuff if you'd want))

As for me it was a total LOL watching it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:26:27 pm by Shusuke »

Offline Cecilia~

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • wwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 09:58:43 pm »
There are some creepy theories and stories out there.

One funny thing though recently was that PETA thinks the release of Black and White 2 or pokemon in general is supporting animal abuse lol..

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57528398-235/peta-wages-war-on-pokemon-for-virtual-animal-cruelty/

Im sure a lot of people have seen it by now but still funny IMO
i dont know anything ever at any time

PokemonTrainerTeal

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 03:33:23 am »
There are some creepy theories and stories out there.

One funny thing though recently was that PETA thinks the release of Black and White 2 or pokemon in general is supporting animal abuse lol..

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57528398-235/peta-wages-war-on-pokemon-for-virtual-animal-cruelty/

Im sure a lot of people have seen it by now but still funny IMO
lol petal you're 27 years off. Please correct me if I'm wrong on how long pokemon's been around

PokemonTrainerTeal

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 03:35:33 am »
The fact that 10 years in, Ash is still the same age.
There's a legitimate reason for that, though, LOL. I don't view it as controversy.

There have been cards that were banned due to the artwork. The one I remember is where a Golbat card had swastika symbols on it.

Back when Burger King had those little Pokeballs with small Pokemon inside (you guys remember those, right? The plastic keychain ones that screw on and had a keychain clip for your belt?). A couple kids got them got the Pokeballs stuck on their faces and nearly suffocated, so there was a massive and expensive recall for them.

If I remember there was some religious guy on TV [?] who ranted about Pokemon some years ago, too. I won't go into details as this is a religious thing and happened a long time ago [my guess due to video quality and video clips is about...2000-ish], but if you want to watch the video, you can see it here: "Pokemon Power" ((There are more of these online that rant about Harry Potter/Minecraft and the like, so if people actually find these interesting I'll share the links and stuff if you'd want))

As for me it was a total LOL watching it.
At my elementary school they had a book about how pokemon was satanic. The fact pokemon cards were banned in 1st grade for me makes me wonder. Lol

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 04:32:04 pm »
LOL I never heard of a book like that. My school had a Pokemon Club |D