Author Topic: Fh crashing  (Read 841 times)

Offline Caution

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Fh crashing
« on: November 26, 2012, 09:30:02 pm »
So after I made my map and exported it, I tried to fix a problem by putting my own export download into my exports in hopes of seeing some objects in game in my map that others could see but I couldn't.

The problem that is caused is the game to constantly crash after trying to open the game.
I've uninstalled it and re-installed it. The only other option I have is to delete everything and install the game again. I could try cleaning my exports completely in hopes of that fixing it. I'd rather not lose all my meshes and have to re-add or re-find them all. Same with some of my maps. Unless the game auto remembers it like my characters.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Fh crashing
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 09:50:16 pm »
Were there any particles in your map? During exporting particle files will duplicate which will cause crashing. Look through your particle and my_object folder for any .particle_1 or .particle_0 files and delete them.

Create a back up of your exports and object folders so nothing is deleted. Copy both folders and paste them onto your desktop, away from the FH folder. This way they will not be deleted, you can simply move them back after deleting the folder and re-installing.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Re: Fh crashing
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 09:54:49 pm »
You characters are automatically saved to your own account. so it doesn't matter cause your characters wont get deleted unless you do so in game. but if its just a character stuck in a map that closes your game down, then try to go to the Character reset and you can "reset home" which will take them to there saved place. But chances are that if the game is constantly closing on you, then you have to uninstall everything so it looks like you never had FH in your computer, and re-install it again. Now you may lose your maps, items, and mass masking you already have on there, but you will be able to play the game. Cleaning out your export will probably mess up the public maps that are already there. i suggest you keep your maps in separate folders so you wont lose them in future occurrence such as this.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358