Author Topic: Party-poopers / Jokes Taken Too Seriously  (Read 2661 times)

Offline solitaryshade

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Beware of the sky serpent!
    • View Profile
Party-poopers / Jokes Taken Too Seriously
« on: December 28, 2012, 11:56:24 pm »
This can both be annoying outside and inside an RP, but moreso when you're not roleplaying to begin with.

This could be any player, from random parent-beggars (pups who beg for parents) to literate easy-going players that are your friends.

And while you and somebody else are having a good time, somebody HAS to break the mood because they're crying on the other side of the computer and NEED attention. But then there's the people that don't necessarily need attention, but pull the same crap. Instead, they want EVERYONE to do a moment of silence before we can proceed with our roleplay or having fun...if we only can with such depressing thoughts in our minds.

Friend: "YO MAMA WAS SO FAT, HER BELT SIZE WAS THE EQUATOR."
((Apparently, this was a reference to the Nutty Professor, which was a great movie that my entire group of friends love, including myself.))
Me and other friends: "LOL XD"
Party-Pooper: "..."
Party-Pooper: "My mom's dead, you prick."
Me: "Dude, he wasn't making the joke AT YOU. No need to get offended. >_>'
Party-Pooper: "I don't care. You guys need to appreciate what you have. I don't have a mother, and wouldn't care if my mom was fat."
Me: "Well, I don't have a younger sibling, so I'm never going to have a chance to be a "Big Brother" in my entire life just as much as you don't get to have a mother at all."
Party-Pooper: "Siblings are nothing compared to parents. Parents don't treat you bad and expect you to love them back."
Me: "Uh, yeah, they do. They're called Child Abusers. And that's just bull what you just said about siblings being lower than parents. Some siblings do take on a parental role and teach you things better than an actual parent will. Or rather, anyone can do, that's why we have a thing called FAMILY, as everyone in it is important, whether it's cousins, aunts, grandparents, siblings or parents."
Party-Pooper: "Well, dead mothers are nothing to joke about."
Me: "WE WERENT EVEN TALKING ABOUT DEAD MOTHERS. We're joking about the Nutty Professor, and the joke was...have you even watched the movie?!"
Party-Pooper: "Course not. Any movie with that kind of joke in it is a terrible movie. Now can we just drop the subject, I think I'm going to cry."
Me: "You're 19 years old, and you're going to cry over something like this? Even when my dad got paralyzed due to an accident on the road, I'm not crying about it, and I still love him. You're the one who needs to learn to appreciate what you have. You can walk, talk, and type on a computer while millions in the world, motherless or not, can't. And you need to appreciate that YOU are alive, and instead of making your mother's death a bad thing,why don't you learn something from it? Like appreciating that you are alive and not dead!"

They went offline after that. The rest of the day was nothing but arguing or ranting from what this idiot had said. The person came online two days later, and angrily yelled at us for treating him so poorly, and that he will 'commit suicide if [we] don't apologize' to him. We didn't apologize, and I asked why a 19-yr-old guy is doing this, and that he should man up. The so-called friend replied that he was actually a 12-yr-old girl.

THEN WHY DID YOU SAY YOU WERE A 19-YR-OLD MALE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

When I yelled that statement, they said it was a typo. Riiiight. Then, when we didn't apologize, they went offline for about a month and came back online. I whispered, "Welcome back from the dead. How was your trip to Purgatory?"

They went offline after that, and made a different account to yell at us for awhile before finally leaving us to roleplay and have fun somewhere else. And everytime they came back up to get mad at us, it was always when we were having a good time.

Seriously, all of this over a yo-mama joke?
Come on, this isn't the 20th century. Lighten up.

Anyone else got their own story or opinion to share?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Party-poopers / Jokes Taken Too Seriously
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 08:41:16 pm »
When you encounter people like that that is what the block button is for or you ignore the person if you guys are so annoyed by them. Responding back to them is just giving them reason to continue dramatizing things. I have met plenty people like that and most of the time they are trolls or individuals looking to start trouble or make drama out of nothing. Also not everyone is going to find your taste of jokes funny... You guys bit the bait and continued feeding your monster so what comes from that is well deserved sorry to say. If you really wanted them off your back you'd drop the subject or proceed to party or whisper or block.

-they went offline for about a month and came back online. I whispered, "Welcome back from the dead. How was your trip to Purgatory?"

Don't instigate...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 09:35:02 pm by LordSuragaha »

~Firepool~

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 08:54:41 pm »

This has happened a few times to me. Most of the time (Depending on what the joke was) I'll just back out of the conversation completely or block the person. People need to learn to keep their opinions to themselves, I mean really. They ruin the fun of everyone else by pointing out something horrible that happened to them. Kind of the reason why I don't speak of my personal life on the internet. Think before you post! That's what I always do. :D

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 09:30:17 pm »
Hmm....many thoughts on this. Everyone gets to see drama except me.  xD

Anyway, first off, thr "yo mama" joke, not really my type of humour but it is for some people, but that's not the point I'm getting at. Or is it...well some people don't really find jokes such as that funny so I can understand why they weren't amused by it. But to completely kick off like that? I think either, they took the joke too seriously and personally, which there is no need for. Life's too sort to be serious all the time guys, (no pun intended). Or perhaps they were having a particularly bad day - people do irrational things when they're in a bad mood.

As for the little arugment you stated there, I'd agree with your side of it, but then many of those are open to opinions and we all know that not everyone shares our opinions.

Then there's the aftermath.  :-\ I'm not too pleased about this bit.
I whispered, "Welcome back from the dead. How was your trip to Purgatory?"
Really? There was no need for that. For all you knew, this person may have pulled themself together and been ready ot make it up to you. The whole dissagreement may have been completely forgotten. But saying what you did brings the entire subject up again, and to be honest if that person was me, I'd be pretty ticked off as well. I can understand why this person continued having a go at you and trying to mess up your fun. Perhaps they are a believer in karma.

On the whole, it looks like you were both in the wrong here. That is just my analysis and opinion on the situation.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 09:32:18 pm by DoctorFlob »

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)