Author Topic: Deleting characters.  (Read 1851 times)

Offline Lunarwing11

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Meow.
    • View Profile
Deleting characters.
« on: December 05, 2012, 06:10:26 am »
I'm sure most of us have exceeded the character limit, and know how long it would take to delete them all. I mean, I almost spent an HOUR deleting characters once, and can never find some older ones when they're needed.

My request? A character deleting function, much like the character reset option.

It would be linked in the forums, alike the Character Reset, and upon clicking you'd login and be able to check off characters, and delete them all at once.

I just think it would be helpful to most of us who love to make new characters to use, but never get anywhere with them, causing a whole flood of unwanted ones.

Just a thought, I'd like to hear your opinions on it.

Ingame: Lunarwing11
Join my RP?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Deleting characters.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 07:42:57 am »
Since anyone can easily log on and delete the character of their choice without needing to go inside the maps, I don't see the bigger need of this, sure it would always be nice if it existed, but the ingame one should always work and remove as long as you have internet connected.

Personally I just think those who has an issue with overload of characters should just stick to their characters more. I'm not sure where the limit is capped at, is it 40? 50? How often does one really use all of those characters, yet even remember what they were for if they weren't used for a longer period of time. I can understand it's fun to create characters since it's one of the best functions in the game, but I don't understand why not remove those characters within the character creation screen that you do not use, and try to keep it to the characters you do use.

If the limit is a lot lower than what I mentioned above then maybe I might see a bigger understanding for this, but if it is around that limit or even more, then I don't understand why anyone should even have any more characters than that. Keep it nice and tidy, don't flood up the account with characters that never get used, and if you do, there's always just to log on and start removing those you don't need.

In the end, what you might be saving if the character deletion was done fast and quick would be maybe 5 seconds on each character. But then you wouldn't be able to see what character it was as you do inside the actual game, it would be a nifty function for the future, making the site more functional with the game though.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline cipe

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I laugh in the face of Danger! Ha Ha ~Kiara
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 02:23:35 am »
Agreed
Wait you hear that? Do you? Its the sound of your mind being BLOWN :)

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 02:28:39 am »
Agreed with Red. Sometimes, I'll remake an old character so it's nice to have it there still. But it would be a lot for the staff to add for just a little bit of time to save.

Offline Accsessery

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • "A females heart breaks like glass"
    • View Profile
    • Opaquel's dA
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 08:50:46 am »
Since anyone can easily log on and delete the character of their choice without needing to go inside the maps, I don't see the bigger need of this, sure it would always be nice if it existed, but the ingame one should always work and remove as long as you have internet connected.

Personally I just think those who has an issue with overload of characters should just stick to their characters more. I'm not sure where the limit is capped at, is it 40? 50? How often does one really use all of those characters, yet even remember what they were for if they weren't used for a longer period of time. I can understand it's fun to create characters since it's one of the best functions in the game, but I don't understand why not remove those characters within the character creation screen that you do not use, and try to keep it to the characters you do use.

If the limit is a lot lower than what I mentioned above then maybe I might see a bigger understanding for this, but if it is around that limit or even more, then I don't understand why anyone should even have any more characters than that. Keep it nice and tidy, don't flood up the account with characters that never get used, and if you do, there's always just to log on and start removing those you don't need.

In the end, what you might be saving if the character deletion was done fast and quick would be maybe 5 seconds on each character. But then you wouldn't be able to see what character it was as you do inside the actual game, it would be a nifty function for the future, making the site more functional with the game though.

I agree
Happy Pigs
Flying Narwhals

Offline Sayba

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 02:00:07 pm »
Wow, I think the most characters I've ever had has been like 8, maybe less...

Offline FeralFireHeart

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • ~ I Desire Fire ~
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 04:42:07 pm »
What I do is: every time I go on FH, I choose the first char that popz up in my list (use him that day) and then the next time I go on FH I choose the fella' after him and then I go on throughout the list~ if you know what I mean...
So then you don't have to bother deleting any of those you never play as...... because you then use them every so often....
But my opinion is, if you can't be arsed to do that, then don't bother making as many!
~I'm out...

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 04:51:28 pm »
It's a interesting idea, but I guess the only option is to just to it manually.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Evanescence

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 06:26:53 pm »
^ I love your signature. Pewdie is such a beautiful creature.

Anywayyy.... its funny cuz yesterday I deledted a lot of characters. I would say I have about 14 now, and I only use 5 of them. I have a lot of them there for memory, because I dont have the heart to delete them... (make fun of me all you want, toy story did this to me) I have thought of this idea some time back, not sure if I posted it though. Maybe if this idea didnt work, I would like to have something like this... I guess. Ima just draw somethin real quick.. ok here. So basically however many character you have, there are that many... thumbnails. so basically you seen all your characters at once on one screen. And a little box to check however many you want to delete your characters.

Link here : http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=16gqwy&s=6
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 06:28:56 pm by Troll »