Author Topic: Has anyone ever had success selling presets and maps for real money?  (Read 1317 times)

Offline xXHells_AngelXx

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • -Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost-
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
I'm just wondering because I really want to start doing so. Everyone always makes a big deal out of my maps and presets and have paid me deviantart points for them, but I really need money for many things and getting a job is nearly impossible. I'd be selling totally custom presets (including things such as transparency, movement, etc.) and maps, and I'd also be starting a pack roleplay where I'd be charging an entry fee that would also include four presets required for the roleplay. Should I go for it or forget about it?

? - - - - - - - - - - - - ?
stitch . me . back . up .

-Not all those who wander are lost.-

"Love is the only thing worth fighting for."-Daniel Grigori

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Has anyone ever had success selling presets and maps for real money?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 09:19:13 pm »
Well, that's your choice if you should or not. I don't think many users would want to pay money for something as small as a preset. However, I'm not saying that users wouldn't pay money for presets but I'm rather saying that from what I believe, only very few would pay money for these types of stuff. FeralHeart is a free game, you knew that, so maybe the reason people don't do this is for that reason.

There's other ways of approaching this however, such as donations. You use whichever method works for you. If you feel donations are the way to approach this, or paying for presets, then do whatever makes you feel better.

On a complete different note, I believe this topic should be moved to game discussion as you're not stating a idea of money for presets as a community, but rather asking if you should or not. You may argue saying that it should be here because it's your opinion, but I personally think it should be moved. Locked if needed maybe. Although, this is not my place to say this since I'm not a moderator, but it's just what I think.

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!