Author Topic: Gauging response for a new idea I had.  (Read 1688 times)

Offline Gemini98

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Gauging response for a new idea I had.
« on: January 31, 2013, 11:29:59 pm »
I don't ever, ever post on the forum, so forgive me if I appear awkward and out-of-place. I had a new idea a few months back to create a sort of group designed to almost "groom" new players for interaction in FH, for example learning controls and improving rp style. I didn't mean this as a way to say "I'm better than you", but actually got the idea one day when I saw a few people being rude to a brand-new player, and I remembered that I had to learn nearly everything for myself, and it would have been nice to have a guide of some sort, if I had been smart enough to seek one. I just wanted to see how people would react, whether they would be angry, and see it as invasive and rude, or if they would encourage help for new players, and if everyone really hates the idea, I'll keep my mouth shut about it and carry on. Lastly, I'd like to acknowledge the fact that this idea probably isn't "new", it has probably been thought of countless times before, and I apologize to any previous holders of said idea.

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
Re: Gauging response for a new idea I had.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 04:09:12 pm »
I've honestly even thought about it myself, but I never went through with it due to lack of time and motivation. Although I know there are already many groups that deal with exactly that, I think you should give it a shot too. Because it's always nice to run into groups that help the new players and the community. :]

I had to figure everything out on my own as well, so Iunderstand how hard it is to get started here. x3
I certainly hope you go through with this project.

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 04:15:32 pm »
I concur, Rami~

And, Dotdotdot (if I may call you that c;), I think it's a very benevolent gesture. Although most people get confused and kind of spazztic, trying to figure things out on their own when they first come into the game, I guarantee you, a few new floofs would be very grateful to have somebody lead them through their first steps into the community.
So, why not give it a try? c: I say go for it~
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

SoulRevenge

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 04:20:48 pm »
This is a brilliant idea x3.

I myself had to get through things myself, and I didn't understand just how to type with correct capitols, puncuaction, etc. . until seven months after joining ouo.

I hope this goes through x3. I know that a lot of new members don't know what can apparantly 'get them into trouble' with others~ not to mention learning what roleplaying is, the controls, etc. . . will probaly offer them a far better first expirience on FeralHeart, not to mention they'll probaly be capable of making new friends, seeing that a lot of friends are made through joining a roleplay x3.

Offline whitesnow

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • Malice Clan is open for all! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 04:24:24 pm »
Plus, it'll make it easier for the help thread not to be so filled up. :P

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 04:39:02 pm »
@Caylis and Blacki- Yes. Especially with the help boards. Granted, there are tutorials for RP, but...
In reality, few new members jump immediately into the forums, and actually read into them. I should know, since it took me about two years to actually get into the forum thing. -Glares at self- xD

I think it'd be a kind stroke of mercy, though, to be there in-game to lend a paw to some new floofs.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||