Author Topic: I'm so sad about this game?!  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Apoc999

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
I'm so sad about this game?!
« on: January 11, 2013, 11:34:56 pm »
This game is a 'part of me'. I come here every time I can and I get close to several people I meet and some just go away... They leave without saying anything and don't even say "good-bye".
Now...another story. I've met someone... He had a sister and when hsi sister was always online, I always played with her. We did many stuff together and we got close. We roleplayed.... spoke about our life, did many crazy stuff together and one day she comes to me and says: I lied. I'm a guy." then i got shocked and then he started to offend me and blocked me?! Is this for real?! We were friends like MONTHS!

Offline EliteWolfStriker

• Curious Wanderer
  • With bloodshot eyes, I'm coming for you.
    • View Profile
Re: I'm so sad about this game?!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 12:05:21 am »
Well, although FH is a game I do consider many people as my friend, but you have to keep in mind that everyone is still behind a screen. Like reality you will experience this, but since FH is supposed to be a non-stressful game. I suggest just brushing your shoulders and moving on as you shouldn't dwell over a person that proves they don't deserve your time. Stay with those who appreciate your company and wouldn't do such a thing, in-fact occasions like this only help display those who are truly your friend. Just stick to what you enjoy doing. If they remove ya', then shrug it off and continue on.

Offline Apoc999

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 12:41:55 am »
But he that pretended to be a her looked alot like one of those "trustfull friends".

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 06:40:12 am »
But he that pretended to be a her looked alot like one of those "trustfull friends".

I'm really sorry you had to go through that Marco. It's always a shame when someone lies and it's even worse when it's someone you believe to be a friend so I can understand how you feel. Unfortunately it's a terrible lesson to learn from to always keep in mind that you can never fully trust anyone. It's better to keep most of your personal info & feelings inside and away when you're in an environment like this full of strangers. You never truely know who is on the other side of the computer as EliteWolfStriker stated above. The fact that this is a roleplaying game alone is warning sign enough to be cautious with just how far you take your friendships in this game since you never really know who is being genuine or just playing another role for their own twisted amusement. While there are alot of amazing kind and trust worthy people in this community remember there will always also be that other bad side. Just don't let any of the mean or hurtful things that person said get to you & most of all don't let this one terrible experience discourage you from making new friends here again. It's that person's loss for giving up an awesome person like you as their friend. -hugs-
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 06:44:56 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 09:19:18 am »
I can understand your pain, I've had this happen to me multiple times in-game and in real life. It's the risk you have to take when it comes to games like Feralheart, you don't know who is behind the character. I personally think it's always better not to share any personal info (like Lord Suragaha has mentioned), even if you trust that person. It may be hard but the best thing to do is just move on and forget about what happened. Don't think that you can't trust anyone anymore though, there are many friendly and honest people in the community :) I'm always willing to make new friends these days, if you ever see me in-game, don't be afraid to stop for a chat <3
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 02:48:43 pm »
The Internet is a big place, and the likelihood of meeting someone who's a bit...well, I'll allow you to end that sentence how you like, I don't wish to offend anyone by using the wrong words.
Point is, you can never trust anyone completely who you've met on here or anywhere else on the Internet. No matter how much you might think you know them, there are some people who aren't as good and honest as they may seem.
This kind of story doesn't surprise me as I've heard similar things many times before. It seems that you were unfortunate to be the victim of one of these dishonest and deceptive people, but I wouldn't let that get to you. There are also some lovely people out there who would no doubt make wonderful friends, so don't be disheartened by one person.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 04:37:04 pm »
Awhh, Marco.. -hug-
As it's been said above, yes, the internet is a big place. If people standing around in-game seem to ignore you or just run off, don't let it affect you personally. Unfortunately that's a mark of society's personality nowadays, since most people get so caught up in their own business that they forget to say hello.
However, in the end, we can only control our own actions. So long as we try our best to give new people a smile and make them feel welcome, that's really all we can do, maybe in hopes that they'll do the same.
I am very sorry to hear about that person who just kind of turned their back on you like that. It's never easy, but if they're going to turn around and bite you (figuratively) for no reason, then they probably weren't worth your time, anyway. As it was said above, there are plenty of wonderful people here in the FH community, and we'll still be here to lend you a paw and smile, even when somebody else decides not to.
Stay strong, floof~
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Soakitup

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Timberrrrrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 04:13:03 am »
It's not too uncommon. If I were you, I'd just try to move on and be more careful in the future.

Offline Dark Greyodon

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I'm a ghost robot with rocket feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 08:07:29 am »
I know what that's like, I'm a pretty sensitive person and have a hard enough time making friends and so it hurts when I lose them (if they're really close friends). But that's common in Feralheart--people are typically "for now friends". Most people will talk to you for a little while but don't really want to take it further than that. I'm not trying to be negative, but that's typically how it is. That guy, however, should not have pretended to be someone he wasn't. I'm sorry about that.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 04:46:02 pm »
Sorry to hear that, Marco. This is the harsh reality of things that happen on the internet. This just goes to show you how some people can be dishonest about themselves on RPG sites, chat sites, etc.
Inactive