Author Topic: Some are just, too literate?  (Read 3688 times)

Offline Psidra

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • One of a Kind
    • View Profile
Re: Some are just, too literate?
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 02:34:49 pm »
Well, if the words she spoke really were actual words and not 'wolfspeak' as the others have said, I guess its not her fault, she's used to writing those words in her compositions and stories for exams, it probably just burned into her head. Thank god i'm not very smart, then. :D
~Siyo Nqoba

Offline F a t a l

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 04:47:29 pm »
Wolf-speak does not make someone literate - actually, quite the opposite. Most of the words that they use do not even come close to meaning what they think they mean.

For example, 'fae' is not a name for a female wolf. The real definition of 'fae' would be:
a humanoid mystical creature that wields great power in magic and elementals, usually have anteneyes and insect like wings, and are short.

'Auds' does not mean ears. Auds actually means:
Unit of measurement/distance. (Eve of the War).

'Femora' does not mean female. A femora is actually the plural word of femur.
Femur: The bone of the thigh or upper hind limb, articulating at the hip and the knee.

Really, the list of incorrect terms could go on and on.

I wouldn't mind wolf-speakers so much if they actually used correct terms, but most of the words that they use make absolutely no sense!
Found in-game as F a t a l
Frequently hanging around on characters Daiquiri and Paenitere.

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 05:12:22 pm »
I actually Wolfspeak myself, sometimes. It's not that I like Wolfspeak, but when there are only "strict literate" roleplays on I have no choice to use those long, goofy words myself. When I'm roleplaying in public or with a normal group , I just RP like anyone else. But I think it's wrong to talk about Wolfspeakers that way. Some may not even try to sound intelligent.~ Maybe they're just comfortable with their way or RP, and it's fine by me.

I'll just go before someone attacks me. o3o

Offline F a t a l

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 06:57:08 pm »
I actually Wolfspeak myself, sometimes. It's not that I like Wolfspeak, but when there are only "strict literate" roleplays on I have no choice to use those long, goofy words myself. When I'm roleplaying in public or with a normal group , I just RP like anyone else. But I think it's wrong to talk about Wolfspeakers that way. Some may not even try to sound intelligent.~ Maybe they're just comfortable with their way or RP, and it's fine by me.

I'll just go before someone attacks me. o3o

You shouldn't be afraid that someone's going to attack you or be  rude to you - after all, we're all here to give our honest opinions (and to consider everyone else's opinions). c:

I'm not sure if I came off as rude at all in my first post, really. I'm sorry if I did. ^^; I'm mainly just bother by the wolf-speakers who do think that wolfspeak = automatic literacy. I would never think someone's stupid or anything for using wolfspeak, I just don't think it's fair for them to call others illiterate when the terms that they use don't mean what they believe they do.
Found in-game as F a t a l
Frequently hanging around on characters Daiquiri and Paenitere.

Offline starthewolf445

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 12:10:11 am »
Tis usually why said "WolfSpeak" People strictly prohibited people whom are not familiar with the words to join their group.However as we all know the MODS haven't seem to done anything about us which makes us clearly innocent in their view.I will use a couple of Greek words here and then maybe a few scientific definition but I am with you on the context that a single word one of them may use will take up entire paragraphs.I will not use a scientific or greek term that includes 20 letters that is just ridicules.

Offline starthewolf445

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 12:15:49 am »
And it is spelled as Auditories as Auids are often used as a shorter way for those who chose to use the shorter version.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 03:02:33 am »
Wolfspeak isn't always used by wolf roleplayers, some of the clanmates in my warrior cats group actually wolfspeak, and probably the wolf/dog pack nearby. XD

Yeah, wolfspeak isn't literate AT ALL. I just think it's a bunch of words that a, pardon my language, stupid person made. It's annoying as hell, and I just think it's a widespread nonsense that show-offs use. I told someone off about their use of wolfspeak, and they told me that they can rp like that all they want, even though they were in a LITERATE roleplay. Kids these days, trying to be smart. xux

Banner: Generally a piece of cloth. So your tail is a piece of cloth?
Auditories: A unit of hearing range. Just doesn't make any actual scene for the use of ears.
Femora: Multiple femurs, which is a bone in the leg of an animal. So female characters are leg bones? The female wolf is called a -Removed by moderator-. But good luck using that word when people will mistaken you using it as the other meaning. ;)
Brute: A savagely violent person or animal. A male character is a savage? I find that kinda sexist. The male wolf is called a dog, but that will make people confuse your species.
Pillars: A tall vertical structure of stone, wood, or metal. Since when the character's legs are monuments?
Crown: Like what kings wear. How does a ANIMAL character get the crown on it's head? I get it that crowns are also a place on the forehead, but seriously?
Cranium: The part of the skull that holds the brain. Moving that will give you brain damage and possibly die.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 03:41:33 am by Morgra »