Author Topic: Objects not Showing up in map  (Read 3811 times)

Offline Inner Knowing

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Objects not Showing up in map
« on: January 30, 2013, 02:30:39 am »
Okay, so some of the objects I have in my maker are downloaded, all of them placed properly into where they need to be, and are in their own separate groups that I've created in the map maker. A couple of them I made myself just by manipulating a few random objects, like the basic sphere.

My deal? Some of these objects aren't showing up! Or, at least they're not for my friends! Which is suckish. My friend has all of these items, I got the downloads from her a while ago, because I had to re-install FH... a long story for another time... but they don't show. What's the deal? And will I have to replace all the objects?

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Objects not Showing up in map
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 02:34:08 am »
When you gave her the map download, did you send the Object files with those objects in it, along with the map?

Even with the same objects downloaded, the map only recognizes the Object group files (by name) that were used in it.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Inner Knowing

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 02:48:20 am »
When you gave her the map download, did you send the Object files with those objects in it, along with the map?

Even with the same objects downloaded, the map only recognizes the Object group files (by name) that were used in it.

I have no idea we had to do that. Did the coding change on us? I havn't been on the game in almost a month and a half.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 02:53:58 am »
Not that I'm aware of. c:>
We've always had to do this, as far as I know. But that's probably all you need to do, Cozzie~ All of the Object files you used in your map should have been copied into your Exports when you exported the map, so all you need to do is zip those together with the actual map file, and your objects should appear in-game just fine, when downloaded.

So, make sure your friends put the .fhm (map file) and the .fho (object) files into Exports.

If any more problems should arise, I'll be around to try and help you out. :3 Good luck, and fun!
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Inner Knowing

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 03:15:55 am »
Not that I'm aware of. c:>
We've always had to do this, as far as I know. But that's probably all you need to do, Cozzie~ All of the Object files you used in your map should have been copied into your Exports when you exported the map, so all you need to do is zip those together with the actual map file, and your objects should appear in-game just fine, when downloaded.

So, make sure your friends put the .fhm (map file) and the .fho (object) files into Exports.

If any more problems should arise, I'll be around to try and help you out. :3 Good luck, and fun!

Well, this is absolutly bazar! When I export these days, none of the object files even go into the export folder, all there is is the .fhm file.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 03:28:17 am »
Hmm... That is odd. .-.
However, this is still a pretty simple fix. We'll just have to take the long way around.

Here's what ya do:
1.) Go open up your FeralHeart folder,
2.) Open Media,
3.) Open Objects,
4.) Copy the Object files (not the individual objects, just those ".fho" files) that you used in your map.
5.) Paste your Object (.fho) file whever you'd like, and put it up for download with your mappy.

I'm not too sure why it isn't exporting your object files automatically, but this should fix it for you.
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Inner Knowing

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 03:32:07 am »
Hmm... That is odd. .-.
However, this is still a pretty simple fix. We'll just have to take the long way around.

Here's what ya do:
1.) Go open up your FeralHeart folder,
2.) Open Media,
3.) Open Objects,
4.) Copy the Object files (not the individual objects, just those ".fho" files) that you used in your map.
5.) Paste your Object (.fho) file whever you'd like, and put it up for download with your mappy.

I'm not too sure why it isn't exporting your object files automatically, but this should fix it for you.

FH and it's weird programming... XD Ohwell, thank you so much for the help! I really appreciate it :3

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 03:37:08 am »
XD I know, it can be kinda funky sometimes!

I trust your friends can see everything in your map, now?
But you're absolutely welcome, Coz. c: Anytime you need help, (especially Map Maker stuff), feel free to PM me, or whisper me if you see me around in-game.

Have fun! <3
|| Thank you. <3 ||