Author Topic: Preset Question  (Read 1346 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Preset Question
« on: February 17, 2013, 06:46:02 am »
Hello everyone.

I would like to make a preset that does not have ears or front legs the problem is I have never done this before. I know I have to make the parts I don't want transparent but even with the tutorials I have looked at I still find things a little confusing. Maybe I am just over thinking things as I usually do but I'm hoping one or some of you here can give me a better explanation as to how I do this to my preset.

1.) First off how do I go about erasing the parts of the actual images? Do I just go on GIMP and color in the parts I want & then go to layer>transparency>add> alpha something and erase the parts I don't want? idk D;

2.) Once question one is answered I would figure out how to erase the ears but if I wanted to erase the front legs this is where I would erase right?:

3.) Lastly what is the coding I put in the material file to make this all work? Do I have to put a specific coding under the head & body since I am trying to delete a part from the head (the ears) and the body (the front legs). If so can anyone make my life easier and just code that for me lol?... I'm so confused.

Any help would be much appreciated guys <3  
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 06:48:32 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline Faith.

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • pls god tell me its not mondayz xc
    • View Profile
Re: Preset Question
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 11:51:04 am »
I'll code the material for you, which preset it is and is it 2 sided?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 01:21:54 pm »
Aww thank you Faith I really appreciate that ^_^ and yes it's for both sides. Thank you so much <3

Offline Faith.

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • pls god tell me its not mondayz xc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 01:55:04 pm »
Aww thank you Faith I really appreciate that ^_^ and yes it's for both sides. Thank you so much <3
No problem but, which preset number? preset 5,6, etc you get it xD

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 01:59:36 pm »
oh sorry I was in a rush since I'm outside right now. Umm Presets 11 or 12 I guess :)

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 03:14:11 pm »
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 07:51:05 pm »
Thank you Feareh I do already understand the L & R coding etc for two sided presets. This preset I am working on is not two sided though and I stated above its to have both ears and front legs removed totally and it's going to look the same from both sides. Not like Suragaha's preset.

As for Tigg's codes yes I have seen that post and it's quite helpful but I really want to understand more of how I erase the parts on the image like I stated above. What do I press on GIMP when it comes to layering and what not. Faith has got the coding covered for me at least.

I appreciate the help and yes I will come to you buddy if I need some more help with this. <3