Author Topic: How to enter maps I have made?  (Read 788 times)

Offline wolfheart-lover

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
How to enter maps I have made?
« on: February 26, 2013, 01:51:12 am »
I have made a map, tested it an it works fine but i was wondering how to access it through the game and test it out like that. I don't want it public but i want to access it before I put up the download link for my pack. :)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: How to enter maps I have made?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 01:54:15 am »
 Your map doesn't go public until you export it and put its files up for download on a file sharing site. You have to make a portal in your map so that you can access your map through the Cape and not just through the map maker. You can refer to this tutorial if you don't know how to add portals on your map. (Although it covers when portals are too far away it gives you the basic steps of how to set portals to the Cape :) :
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=19214.0%20

Good luck :3
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 02:00:46 am by LordSuragaha »

JackobLoveu

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 02:03:28 am »
To see the maps you download, go to Capes. :) And you'll see them.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 05:01:03 am »
Go to Cape of Distant Worlds and run along the portals until you find your map's name.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 05:45:06 am »
After testing your map in Cape and happy with it, follow these instructions when you're ready to share your map :)

Load your map in Map Maker and click the Export button. Then in your (C:)>> Feralheart>> Exports folder you will see the following files:

- .fhm the map file
- .fho the object group files
- .fhs and .fhw the custom sky and weather cycle (if used)

Gather these files and put them in a new folder on your desktop. You can Right-click the file>> Send to>> Compressed Zip Folder to compress it. If you do not have those options on your computer then you can use a program like 7-Zip or WinRar to compress the folder :)

After compressing it, go to a file sharing site such as www.mediafire.com or www.zippyshare.com and upload your compressed folder. Once done, give the download link to your friends.

All your friends have to do is open the compressed folder and move those files into their Exports folder. Then a new map portal will appear at Cape of Distant Worlds :)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.