Author Topic: How to make it up for download (Mediafire question)  (Read 1263 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
How to make it up for download (Mediafire question)
« on: March 02, 2013, 02:11:25 am »
I hope this is the right place to put it, but I want to make my new map up for download. I have a mediafire account and I know how to upload stuff, but I was wondering how to make my map public. Which files do I need to put in a folder? I know the fho. files and stuff, but when I download maps I notice they have the object files as fhw. or fho. whatever files (so many) in them. I don't know if I need to include them or not, and if I do how do I know which ones to put in? I don't just know what objects I have in my map. And plus with all my downloads, it's confusing which ones are which. :P Just need a little help.

If you need anymore info, I can make more.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: How to make it up for download (Mediafire question)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 02:14:05 am »
Those .fhw are custom weather cycles and the .fhs are custom sky files. Don't include those and errors may occur or you will not see the custom sky/weather. The .fho files are object group files which contain all the meshes inside, maps will crash without them or objects will appear to be missing.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:16:26 am by Ingredient »
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 05:35:04 pm »
Thanks for telling me what they are.. but I don't know which objects to include in the download because I've downloaded so many maps and I can't remember the objects which were in mine.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 08:16:22 pm »
When I've got the same problem I often make a new folder on my desktop and name it "exports" and place all the downloaded files (.fho, .fhm, .fhs and .fhw) in there.

That way when you export your map all the exported files from that map are the only ones in the export folder.

Then you can just select all of them and place them in the new folder you plan on uploading. When you're done you can move the downloaded stuff from the desktop Exports folder back to your Feralheart exports folder :)
'
Will be inactive due to work and exams.