Author Topic: Mapped vs Mapless?  (Read 4779 times)

Offline RisingLife

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Derp
    • View Profile
Re: Mapped vs Mapless?
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 10:21:26 pm »
This is interesting, the responses. From the forums I usually look around people who liked mapped like it because of the trolls, and people who like unmapped is just because of the inactivity. I've also had other people complain that mapped rp's felt hostile towards them, or unenjoyable, and others complain that unmapped rp's had too many unexpected vistors and that they disliked it. But i guess that is what you get with different opinions X)
Check out my preset shop here!
And Art thread here!
And Character Bio here!?

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 04:00:23 am »
This is interesting, the responses. From the forums I usually look around people who liked mapped like it because of the trolls, and people who like unmapped is just because of the inactivity. I've also had other people complain that mapped rp's felt hostile towards them, or unenjoyable, and others complain that unmapped rp's had too many unexpected vistors and that they disliked it. But i guess that is what you get with different opinions X)

Indeed so.
Mapless and mapped RPs have their pros and cons... but there is one thing I don't get. Why is it that some people in this community think that mapless roleplays are for "illiterates"? That's NOT always true. I've met some great "literate" roleplayers out in the public maps. Just because they are not roleplaying in a mapped RP does NOT make them illiterate at all.  >:(
NOT everyone can download a map. Often times it's not that they don't know how to do it, it could be for other reasons. I've met some players who have told me that they were not aloud to download anything onto their game because....
>> "My parents won't allow it."
>> "My computer can't handle the extra files"
>> "The game always crashes when I go into custom maps."
>> "My game can't handle a map with so many objects and details."
and so on, and so forth.

Anywho, as I said before mapless RPs are more of my bread and butter.

Inactive

Offline FantasyDawn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Lover of Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 07:33:48 am »
My opinion is that mapped RPs are far more organised than the mapless ones.I find it less boring because you'll always find some people to RP with.Plus,when mapless,you'll oftenely lose connection because of all the people struggling to get past the bad tokens.Well,this happens in Fluorite.In bonfire mapless RP is good but you're more likely going to find TLK ones.But mapped RPs require your permission to download stuff on your computer(sometimes you get a virus from them but that's when you encounter trolls) and it might not work at all thus you can't join one.

"Derpa-Derp."

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 08:16:26 pm »
Mapped please. Though to be honest, I think this topic just depends what you are used to. When I first joined FH I was always in Flourite, so what kind of RP's do you think I liked better? Mapless. But all in all, I still prefer mapped RP's.
For the above reasons and much more. In a mapless RP you can't customize the map and make everything how you imagine it to be. Is there a public volcano map in FH? No. Is there a public mountain map in FH? No.
Well in mapped RP's there isn't any lag from people and the maps can be beautiful. x.x <3 -gives Whitey a nudge-
I have my own RP as you can see in my signature so I obviously know the cons. Keeping your members active. :P But once you have a good group of people that stay active, and you keep getting more members after that, it'll just keep building up until you have a nice active RP. It just takes a lot of determination to get past the first month of the RP's existence where you are still trying to get active members.
I don't mind trolls in FH, I don't really mind any of them. I mean, what's to worry about when there's a block button? XD So a mapless RP could be good too.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 09:39:39 pm »
Well in mapped RP's there isn't any lag from people and the maps can be beautiful. x.x <3 -gives Whitey a nudge-
-Feels totally loved- <3 Eeeee, thank you, lovely Tidey. -bounces- ^.^ Your maps are very nice, too, though. c; I've only seen a couple (or maybe just the old spring map, actually), but I love the detail and really balanced feel you put into your maps~<3

And, @LadyAli, I totally understand what you mean, there.
I may have actually come across as seeming biased, like I think all people in mapless roleplays are illiterate-styled. But no, I don't believe that. XD It's not like I dislike roleplaying with different writing styles... Except for the extreme end of wolfspeakers, but we won't go there. o-o
I have actually met plenty of fantastically literate roleplayers in public maps, myself. I see it all the time when I'm running through Ficho, and even on the L island I've seen some very flowering and imagery-filled posts as I run past (and sometime join c;) the prides out there. c:

There are great roleplayers everywhere, for sure. xD I just prefer mapped roleplays, though, mainly because it's a more personal, relaxed setting.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||