Author Topic: Seasonal Groups?  (Read 1513 times)

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
Seasonal Groups?
« on: March 04, 2013, 02:54:33 am »
Around Chrismas I noticed a lot of Santas and reindeer but after a month or so they were all gone.  Why do people want to take the time to make a group that will only stay for a month or so just because it is near Christmas?  I am somewhat new and I have only seen something like this once.
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: Seasonal Groups?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 07:26:56 pm »
Why wouldn't they? RP groups don't necessarily have to be permanent or long-term; it's just people having some holiday-themed fun. Random short-term groups happen all the time, it's not as if making a group takes much effort.

Offline Demonology

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 12:47:55 am »
I've seen groups like that and even been part of a few as tearless said not all rps are long-term though I'm still friends with some of the people from those groups. Also its a easy way to entertain yourself if you get bored.

You saw nothing.

BouncyLion101

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 04:37:40 am »
Most groups (Or the groups I've been anyway) don't last really long so I don't really a problem with that.
It would be rather odd to see a Santa running around Feral Heart in the middle of summer though.

People also just get bored with some roleplays, or it just dies out. :/
Rarely are roleplays long lasting for like months.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 06:14:58 pm »
Tearless and the others explained it pretty well already.

I have been a part of those "seasonal" groups myself. I've even made some characters myself like my "The Luv Lion" for Valentines Day. It's just for fun and silliness and to help people get into the holiday/season's spirit :) It's also a fun and easy way to start a group and meet many new friends without all the serious rp and stuff :3