Author Topic: Ingame group Idea!  (Read 2124 times)

Offline iceshard

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Ingame group Idea!
« on: March 23, 2013, 08:27:48 pm »
Ok I got this awesome idea for groups that RP! Ok ok here it is.

It would be EPIC is we had a little bit more things like

-Total group member count
- In game ranking system
- Looking for group signals

Ok first, I hate it when I have to count all my members when there is a LOT of them total, so maybe we could have a small icon showing how many members we have in total, we could also have another place telling how long each member has been offline since they where on last! Two simple things that would make this game a little better!

Second, you know the place in the group icon that shows all the members, would it be nice to be able to organize the members into ranks? The leader of the group would be able to organize it, and it would fix all the confusion on who is in which rank!

Last, I got this idea from EQ2, a game I love to play. There could be a page where users who are on can put their character on it so that they can find whichever group they are looking for! And when they log of, their name disappears, preventing over crowding of players looking for groups! it would also work with groups looking for members!

well, this is it! my ideas! Please post you comments about these ideas below~

BouncyLion101

Re: Ingame group Idea!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 09:14:15 pm »
Ok I got this awesome idea for groups that RP! Ok ok here it is.

It would be EPIC is we had a little bit more things like

-Total group member count
- In game ranking system
- Looking for group signals

Ok first, I hate it when I have to count all my members when there is a LOT of them total, so maybe we could have a small icon showing how many members we have in total, we could also have another place telling how long each member has been offline since they where on last! Two simple things that would make this game a little better!

Second, you know the place in the group icon that shows all the members, would it be nice to be able to organize the members into ranks? The leader of the group would be able to organize it, and it would fix all the confusion on who is in which rank!

Last, I got this idea from EQ2, a game I love to play. There could be a page where users who are on can put their character on it so that they can find whichever group they are looking for! And when they log of, their name disappears, preventing over crowding of players looking for groups! it would also work with groups looking for members!

well, this is it! my ideas! Please post you comments about these ideas below~

I do like the idea of a member count, it could be really useful for a lot of different reasons. c:

Though an ingame ranking system has some flaws..would there be default ranks or would you create the ranks yourself and that may take up a lot of space on the server with different people making hundreds of new ranks.
The tag system where you put your rank in your name works just fine for right now. ^.^

I don't really understand that one, but there are around 150 players in Flourite Plains daily. Yes, there would be overcrowding and maybe even some new lag.

Offline iceshard

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 10:38:55 pm »
I think that for the ranks their would be default ranks for every different type of group, witch would include...

- WC clans
- Prides
- Packs
- Herds
- Hyena Clans

And for the 2nd one, the 150 members aren't always needing a group. So there wouldn't be mutch trouble with 150 members looking for a group at once. Also if you didn't see, I was thinking that when a member starts looking for a group and puts its name in the looking for group forum box thingy in game, the groups needing member can find them that way. Once they are accepted to a group or logs off, their name will disappear from the list, letting new characters to be put in! (In addition to this, their could be a separate Forum for each official map in FH, reducing the overload of players looking for groups that are in different places. but this is only an option.)

Offline TurtlezSoup

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • TurtezSoup. Your everyday dose of Turtlez
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 10:00:44 am »
The defaults would need to be changeable. It would probably still cause lag to the server because there are thousands of different group names that all have different tags.

Default tags would just add to the lag and stress for the server having to save and code, but it could also easily glitch out and could give your character a tag for the wrong group. Adding it to your name would be just as easy and calmer for the server.

I do like your first idea, especially if the rps active, it would help keep track of members.

The don't understand your last suggestion.

Siggy by Rustys!