Author Topic: Game crashes every time I go into .-.  (Read 1252 times)

Offline BleetBaa

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Game crashes every time I go into .-.
« on: March 27, 2013, 02:03:57 pm »
So yeah, My game crashes every time I go into cape >.<. It only started happening after my friend got my to download a map she made v.v, I downloaded it and then tried to get into cape.....
It wouldn't let me in, every time i went into the portal it told me that 'Feral heart has stopped working' :(. So i deleted it and tried once more, still the same thing happened. Then I deleted the whole game and the same thing happened v.v. I've tried everything I could think of so dose anyone have any ideas?  :-\ ::) .

ThrillexForLife

Re: Game crashes every time I go into .-.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 02:05:57 pm »
Cape is always crashing for some people, but I do suggested using 'Character Reset' It would help, chu. :)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 02:07:38 pm by Thrillex »

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 02:10:28 pm »
Wait a little while before trying to reenter the Cape since sometimes the server acts up there. The Cape does crash often but if it continues crashing for you even after you wait a bit perhaps something went wrong while you were installing the map and you damaged, deleted, or misplaced some essential default files.

In that case if deleting the map from your exports doesn't help you might have to uninstall your game and delete your Feral Heart folder and then reinstall the game. (back up your important files if you do this though)

In the case of the map
If the map itself isnt working when you finally try it refer here:

Usually you install downloaded maps like so:
1.) Follow the "read me" file if there is one and place the files in the places where it says or just place all the files into the "Exports" folder

OR

If placing the map files into the Feral Heart "Exports" folder didn't make it work right than try placing the files as so:
FHM files go into FH>Media>Terrains
FHO files go into FH>Media>Objects
FHS/FHW go into FH>Media>Sky
Mp3 go into FH>Media>Sounds/Music
Then restart the game

- Another reason you could crash is maybe she is using large meshes in her maps? If so change your rendering subsystem to Direct3D9. To do so go to the game's main menu and select "options" then "video".

Hope that helps.

Character reset as Thrillex said will help you get out of a map when you're stuck.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 02:21:51 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline BleetBaa

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 03:38:40 pm »
I have tried both but this dose not work, also my mapped rps are asking were i am and its bugging me >.<. But thanks anyway guess :).

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 07:56:33 pm »
If its a continuous thing and nothing is really working out for ya, then you probably have to much going on in your computer such as memory wise. If you try to minimize alot of what your doing, it can help. getting rid of old unnecessary things will open up more RAM memory for ya. 

If that's not the case, then your video rendering card is probably not working to well. if possibly try to reinstall the game again and see what happens. Turn down your levels to the very last, and go from Open>Direct. Turn off all water reflections and limit the view distance. It might be limited, but at least you might be able to get in.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358