Author Topic: Uninstalling then Re-installing Question (FIXED, PLEASE LOCK)  (Read 1130 times)

Offline LightWaves

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Okay, today I downloaded a fireplace mesh, and whenever I try to log back into Feralheart it crashes as soon as I open it. I may need to re-install. One question, would it delete my maps, downloaded meshs and stuff like that?? I need to know before I do, because I have one map that i'm working on, it isn't finished but it has been taking forever to finish, and I REALLY don't want to lose it. Could someone please tell me if my maps and things would delete? Thanks!  ;D
Also I went to the folder and deleted all the files but FH still crashed for me :( I deleted the files in one place where I pasted them before I did that, too. And is there anyway I can send my map to my friend so she can edit it and stuff, then I re-install FH, then she sends it back so I can finish it and stuff? If its possible that would be awesome, otherwise I have no idea what to do :(
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 02:13:40 am by Alexandra,,,, »
Gotta get dem maps finished :U

Am I pretty yet? :D
                                ~Ghost~

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Uninstalling then Re-installing Question (Please Help o.o)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 01:27:01 am »
If you just reinstall the game that might not fix your problem so I suggest you uninstall it and delete your Feral Heart folder before reinstalling. Know though that uninstalling the game and then reinstalling will cause you to lose alot of your files so be sure to back up your most important files like maps, presets, and screenshots. Any mods & add ons that you downloaded will have to be redownloaded too.

Also I went to the folder and deleted all the files but FH still crashed for me :( I deleted the files in one place where I pasted them before I did that, too. And is there anyway I can send my map to my friend so she can edit it and stuff, then I re-install FH, then she sends it back so I can finish it and stuff? If its possible that would be awesome, otherwise I have no idea what to do :(

Since I see you added on after I had already posted:
Follow the instructions I told you above then to be sure you start nice and fresh just MAKE SURE you back up your important files into a seperate folder else where in your computer so they stay safe as you do this. Also although I'm not that experienced with map making etc I don't think you can send your map out to your friend to let her edit it. You can share the map for her to use it but not edit it. I hope that helps :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 01:35:55 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 01:58:44 am »
You don't actually have to delete your old FeralHeart folder to reinstall though. You can just rename it to FeralHeartOLD or something like that so it will keep all your old files and such, just make sure once you run FHSetup.exe that you install to C:\FeralHeart to make a new folder.
Then you can go into the OLD FH to fish out your files.

Offline LightWaves

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 02:13:11 am »
Installing it into the old file didnt work. I kept the drawing of one of my maps and deleted everything else thats the only way it worked. So its fixed now, I dont mind re-downloading one map but I hate I have to restart one of my maps... At least it wasnt finished

~Ghost~

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Uninstalling then Re-installing Question (FIXED, PLEASE LOCK)
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 02:40:17 am »
.. I believe you misunderstood our directions.
I didn't mean to install into the old folder, I meant let it make a new one, but keep the old one because it has all your files..
Or you could have done it Sura's way, and just taken out everything you needed and kept that and tossed the rest..
You wouldn't have to redo your map if you kept it's files.. sorry you have to do that now.
But at least it's working I suppose.

Offline LightWaves

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 02:54:08 am »
Well, I am TERRIBLE at understanding things sometimes xD
I didn't have alot done in my map and I can easily re-do it.
So it doesnt really matter  to me lol

~Ghost~

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 03:01:05 am »
I'm glad we could help you then and sorry if we confused you at all. Like Ruby said at least the loss wasn't so bad and you got things fixed anyway :) Just always remember to back up your important files period whenever you decide to uninstall or reinstall the game. I like to do it as a precaution so things don't get lost or misplaced. When you're working on a map or maps be sure to save them in the map maker and to carefully back up all of the map's files including any custom meshes you used in it etc.