Author Topic: Preset Downloading Help?  (Read 1897 times)

Offline Cave Dweller

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Preset Downloading Help?
« on: April 21, 2013, 09:33:59 pm »
So I've been needing some serious help. I want a preset to wear, but I can't seem to download them right. I do exactly what everyone tells me, and what the videos show; but the presets never download correctly. I go in game after downloading, go to the preset thing, and it's blank. Please help me, I'm tired of being confused because of this problem. :-\

PS: If you could also tell me how to download Mass Markings (I already have TCE, and MM3, but I forgot how I downloaded them), and items (Same problem), that would be pawesome!  ;D

BouncyLion101

Re: Preset Downloading Help?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 02:18:47 am »
Are you downloading a free preset that you can use? Or someone's character preset so that you can see them in the game?
Also if you download a free preset that you can use just put the files in FeralHeart>My Presets and then into whatever file that the preset is set for.
Example: You download a public preset that anyone can use.
The maker of the preset made it in the preset 9 folders, you put the preset in the preset 9 folder too.

You also need to go in the game at the start up, press Tools, go to Preset Maker, go to whatever folder number the preset is in, and export it. Then go to the character you want to have that preset on and select Use Preset and select yoru preset. c:

To download markings it's really simple.
Download the markings that you want, copy or export all the .png files in Feral Heart>Media>Textures, put the .cfg file into the main Feral Heart folder and go in game and your markings should be there. :3

For items it's also really simple.
Download the item pack that you want,  copy or export the .png files into Feral Heart>Media> Items, put the .cfg file into main Feral Heart folder, and then you should see the items in game.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 04:13:30 pm »
Your preset problem.
First of all download the preset file (E.g. Preset_5) Then from there all you need to do is place it in:
Local Disk (C:) >> Feral Heart >> My_Presets.
If it asks you to replace the preset file, do it.

If you already have a used preset file follow this!!
If you already have a used preset file that is the same number as the downloaded one, change the number of the downloaded file to a different number that matches a preset file that has not been used. Then replace it.

Next steps:
- Open up the preset file that you're using.
- Open up the .CFG file in note pad or any other word type documents.
- Change all the .JPG you can see into .PNG
- Where it says 'Material preset_#_bodyMatL/R' (e.g. # = Number) change the number to the same number it says on the preset file.
- Do the same to where it says 'Texture preset_#body.PNG'
- Save and try looking at the preset again.

There also might be the problem that the .PNG images might not be 512x512. Check by selecting the image in the folder and you should see this in the bottom left:

To fix this problem open up GIMP or PhotoShop and make a new canvas with the Height and width of 512x512 and make sure it is opened up with RGB color. Then open up on another layer the PNG files in your preset folder and size them to 512x512

Mass markings.
Once you have downloaded your chosen mass markings, make sure you look inside the downloaded folder for a 'README' (.CFG) file inside. They are your instructions. Read them and you should be ok. If not, there should be a markings.CFG inside. Place that in:
Local Disk (C:) >> Feral Heart.
Then replace the file if it asks you to.

Once you have done that, go back to the mass marking pack file you downloaded and there should be another folder inside with PNG images inside. Place them in:
Local Disk (C:) >> Feral Heart >> Media >> Textures.
Again, replace if asked.

Items.
This is pretty much the same as mass markings. There should be an items.CFG file. Place that into:
Local Disk (C:) >> Feral Heart.
Then replace it

Go back to the downloaded folder and place the rest of the PNG/MESH/JPG files into:
Local Disk (C:) >> Feral Heart >> Media >> Items.
Then replace if asked.

Hope this helped. If you need more help just ask. c:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 04:26:24 pm by BigBangTheory »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Cave Dweller

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 10:10:23 pm »
Thank you both so much! ^^

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 12:28:17 pm »
No problem!! ;3 Glad I could help.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone