Author Topic: The Wolf Story with No Title (WIP!)  (Read 1607 times)

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
The Wolf Story with No Title (WIP!)
« on: April 15, 2013, 06:23:00 pm »
Because you lot make up my most favourite community ever, I've decided to tell anyone who's interested about the book/story I'm currently writing (along side with three fanfictions, two of which aren't going anywhere, but that's beside the point xD).
As the title says, this story currently doesn't have a title, but there's no rush. The story is a work in progress at the minute, but the rate of progress isn't exactly...steady. Sometimes I faceplant a metaphorical brickwall and I'm unable to continue for a while. Other times I sit here all night typing away. Weird. Anyway, consider this thread sort of like a diary of the story's progress, new ideas, scrapped ideas or just a rant at how much my wrist hurts from writing too much. I'll try not to give too much away. ;)

Synposis
Note: the following is subject to change and some bits may not appear in the final piece and new things may be added. These are the thoughts and ideas of the plot currently swimming around the authors mind.
The story begins where the main character, Spirit Silverwolf, her little sister Kicha, and pack elder Bryna are escaping an assault from a human and a pack of dogs. The rest of the family didn't make it. Bryna is wounded and collapses to the ground, unable to continue. With the dogs nearly upon them, Kicha and Spirit urge Bryna to keep moving, however she is old and her body weak compared to those of the younger wolves. The sisters have no choice but to leave her behind. After saying their final farewells, the sister press on without their elder.
When they are sure that the danger has passed, the sisters stop running, tired and confused as to what to do next. They decide to rest and think about what they should do the following day. After a well deserved rest, Spirit heads out to hunt to feed herself and her sister. While wandering the forest, she bumps into a young lone male wolf, called Kipper, as they happened to be hunting the same prey. Spirit invites the submissive male to join her and Kipper. With a bit of thinking and internal debate, Spirit comes to realise that this was what they were meant to do - find wolves, and build a new pack.
Spirit, Kicha and Kipper meet many wolves on their travels that decide to join them - Ferral, the shadowy and mysterious black male. Pearl, the high-maintainance self-conscious female wolf-dog. And Zan, the proud impulsive alpha male.
With the guidance of Bryna's riddles from the Otherworld via Spirit's dreams, Spirit comes to realise the path she walks was laid out for her long before she was born. It is her destiny and the Gods' will for her to unlock a secret power and do the unthinkable in order fulfil the prophecy of the Wolf of the Silver Fur. Should she fail, it could mean the extinction of wolves forever.
The relationships between packmates will the tested to their limit, as well as wolves' relationship with Man himself.

I hope that has sparked your curiosity. One day, I will finish this, and perhaps you'll be reading the whole story yourself ;) Encouragement, ideas and questions are always appreciated.  :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 06:29:52 pm by DoctorFlob »

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
Re: The Wolf Story with No Title (WIP!)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 12:30:52 pm »
This sounds really cool! I cant realy be bothered to carry on my story right now, partly cuz Im in school, partly cuz my mind has stopped working. but I think I have a few ideas to carry on, later.
any who, back on topic. this looks like it will be an awesome story, cant wait to be able to read it ^^

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Re: The Wolf Story with No Title (WIP!)
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 05:52:10 pm »
Thank you! ^^ That means a lot to me. I try to put my greatest effort into this story so it'll be as good as it can be.
Thank you for the nice comments  ;D

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)