Author Topic: WHISKERS  (Read 2319 times)

Offline kopat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • ?I ? Big Cats?
    • View Profile
WHISKERS
« on: May 01, 2013, 01:18:30 pm »
Why doesn't FH have whiskers? Many people play as lions, tigers, cats, cougars, etc.... but I have noticed that you can't add whiskers on a feline character. Maybe someone could make a whisker item, or it could be on the character creator screen, and you could change the length of them. I find it strange because most, or all big cats have whiskers. What is your opinion on this?

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: WHISKERS
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 01:23:56 pm »
Well an item would be pretty nifty, considering anything that would need to be added to the game itself has to be done through KovuLKD who unfortunately is busy in real life with studies and so on, but I am sure a user with enough experience could create a whiskers item and add it to an item pack of some sort.

I myself like the idea and would love to possibly have some form of whiskers on my character ther would add just that touch more realism.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 01:25:43 pm »
I think someone did make some whisker items here: http://browse.deviantart.com/art/FeralHeart-Feline-Whiskers-mesh-COMPLETE-323009148 So you can have whiskers if you download these.
But they won't be put into the game as a feature until Kovu comes back and decides to approve the idea.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

onowl

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 06:13:55 pm »
I had whiskers on one of my old Aro'kai demos. Getting them to look right (because whiskers on most felines aren't hugely noticeable, so a touch of transparency to a very thin whisper mesh never hurt) was a pain. They would need to be scaled with the head itself and not have their own scale, as I found the whiskers ended up in.. funny places. Unless someone has a solution for that. xD; (Talking about FeralHeart here too. :P)

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 12:12:34 pm »
If only T_T We all need whiskers. But if it was added to an item pack people would have to download something for it. But if/when Kovu returns he might add whiskers :3