Author Topic: Feralheart.exe is not working  (Read 1105 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Feralheart.exe is not working
« on: May 04, 2013, 10:22:23 pm »
I had to make a map for my pack, and I exported it. I Xed out of Feralheart and came back but it said "Feralheart.exe is not working". I checked the particle folders, nothing is .01 or .02 or anything. I don't know what it's problem is. I'm not going to uninstall Feralheart AGAIN. T.T Unless I have to.

Help?

Thierry

Re: Feralheart.exe is not working
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 11:39:51 pm »
well, sometimes the particle files (if there are) goes duplicated but with a different number. You should use the search assistant to search for all the recently created particles, and delete all those with the most recent creation time (all with the same creation time but with more or les 2 minutes of diference)

Be careful because if you delete more than you should, it also can cause crashes.

Also i coulkd suggest to have a back-up of your meshes while the game were working, so if you have to reinstall your maps, you just need to restore your meshes and your unexported maps.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 11:44:38 pm by Thierry »

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 02:58:06 am »
All the particles are fine, it's something with my my_objects folder. I had to get all new objects or otherwise if I went back in it would go "Feralheart.exe is not working." Which is odd, I haven't touched the folder for a while.

Thierry

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 03:15:02 am »
maybe you modified the default game object groups like mytree, myrocks, miscelaneous? or there are some diferent meshes with the same causing problems.

I have no idea now :/

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 01:57:17 pm »
I just thought I'd mention that the FH server is having some issues right now - the Fluroite Plains map specially.
So it could be why you are having some problems with crashes.
The staff is working on getting it fixed.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 02:05:09 pm by ~Shallow~ »