Author Topic: Sparkle F Wolf Teen.  (Read 6496 times)

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Sparkle F Wolf Teen.
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 03:01:59 pm »
Here's another scenario! You're roleplaying in public and people... Seem reluctant to click on your biography. Whilst it's easy to work out what species a realistic character is, a blue wolf, for example, might not be as immediately apparent. If your markings and colours differ from the norm, it could be confusing!

Take my hyena, Nakaru, for example. Being semi-realistic, he doesn't really look like a typical hyena- especially given that I don't use FH's designated hyena markings. This seems to confuse people. Frequently. Almost every interaction I've had with strangers revolves around them asking me if he's a wolf, despite the fact that his biography is at the character limit.

After weeks of frustrating roleplay entirely revolving around people trying to work out what my character is, there's one little thing that completely removes the problem entirely...

The M's a bit redundant, I'll admit. While I do prefer names without tags, whether group or species, sometimes it makes things a little easier for the more inexperienced roleplayers around; it lets them know immediately what they're interacting with and saves the hassle of the inevitable and awkward "uhm what are you?". It's just my own opinion, though! :D

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 10:08:09 pm »
It does help for things like that, I will admit that much.

Look at my character in my signature, can you believe people think it's a wolf? It doesn't annoy me at all, I just correct them. Even if I tell them and they just start calling me a canine I never give in to tags.

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2013, 04:14:07 am »
Well, to be fair I've seen some pretty interesting-looking animals that call themselves wolves. It's really pretty much a gamble with canines.

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2013, 11:15:47 am »
I guess people do create stranger creatures with the feline model. I find it amazing that you can see a canine with a pink mane, green eyes, blue markings and say "That is a wolf" and be right. But then you see a canine with very natural colourings and it could be anything. My Killian has kind of natural colours under the preset, greys and a tiny bit of dark red (and pink eyes).