Author Topic: Textures  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Halfmoon112

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Textures
« on: May 13, 2013, 03:29:22 pm »
I changed a lot of the FH textures for a map but now I don't know how to change it back to normal. I haven't deleted the map yet, if I delete the map will the textures changed go back to default? Or will I have to change them all back one by one? (I do have notepad, if that helps)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Textures
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 03:44:56 pm »
If you could tell me what textures you're missing, I could restore them for you by giving you the original textures. In future it would be useful if you create a back up for the textures so you don't lose them and stress out.

Or when you are putting things like (for example) grass textures into your texture folder and it asks you to replace them, try not replacing them. Again, tell me what textures you're wanting and I'll send them to you.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Halfmoon112

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 04:29:51 pm »
I don't really remember the different textures, but the significant ones I changed are the clouds, rock, grass, and water ripples... I'll post some screenshots later

Offline Halfmoon112

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 04:50:21 pm »

Offline Halfmoon112

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 04:51:26 pm »
and how do I create a backup?

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 06:12:32 pm »
To create a back up of your folders you need to copy your Feral Heart folder and paste it into another folder (Such as My Documents) where you will remember where you put it. That way, if you lose something you can get it from the back up folder.

To get rid of the ripples in the water, you need to go to Options >> Video >> Water reflection then un tick the box.

Here is what you need to replace your grass textures.
[Link]
Place this in Local Disk (C:) >> Feral Heart >> Media >> Objects and replace the files if asked.

If that didn't work then in the map you downloaded, I believe there might have been a 'README' Text document in there telling you where to put things, in this case you need to find where you had put the Grass textures. Report back to me with where you put them once you have done so c:

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Halfmoon112

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 12:11:15 am »
unfortunately because of me being inexperienced with technology I selected a bad option when replacing - I chose something along he lines of, "replace all" (don't remember fully) and I think it replaced the new ones you gave me too.
So I'm thinking, instead of going through all this trouble to fix it, if I delete FH and re-install it will the textures/models be default or will it keep my changed textures/models?

Offline ~Wolfexerz~

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • ~Forever a Wolf at Heart.~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 06:07:27 am »
I think the best thing would be to uninstall Feral Heart. If you delete every Feral Heart file then download it all again it should go back to default... If not I don't really know what else. But it be best to not mess around with the textures until you understand how to work it correctly.

This says friendship like nothing else.