Author Topic: Could someone help me?  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 125
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
Could someone help me?
« on: May 29, 2013, 09:12:14 am »
Could someone tell me on how a portal should work for Cape of Distant Worlds portal?  :-\
Anyone? Anyone at all?  :-\

~TheDarkRider~

Profile picture by me! ^.^
IM BACK!!!

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone help me?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 10:20:44 am »
Moving to the Game Help board. Be sure to pay attention to where you post your threads, floofie.

As for your portals, it sounds like you'r trying to ask how to link one of your custom maps to Cape, nu? Here's what you do:
1.) Grab a pencil and paper.
2.) Open your map in Map Maker
3.) Move your screen so it is facing the direction you want your characters to land when they spawn in the map.
4.) Next, place your mouse/cursor on the spot you want your character to actually land. Do not move the mouse from here.
5.) Don't move the mouse. o-o
6.) Then, look at the bottom left of the screen, and note the X, Y, Z, and Yaw coordinates in the box.
7.) Using that pencil and paper you had, write down each coordinate.
8.) You can move your mouse now. Now go to the main Map Maker tab (where you can save/export your map), and then check the box that says "Has portal"
9.) A dropdown of X, Y, Z, and Yaw coordinates will appear once you've checked the box. Take those coordinates you wrote down on your paper, and type them in according to their letter (X, Y, Z, and Yaw)
10.) Once you've done this, you can test whether or not your portal is there by hitting "Test" and running around in the test screen to see your portal. It should be directly behind where your character will land, like a normal portal.
11.) When you're happy with the placement, you may hit Save, and then enter your map in-game, through Cape.

Hopefully this helps ya~
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 01:40:14 pm »
Here's a visual tutorial of exactly what White said also:

Ok firstly open Map Maker and load your map. I'm sure you want a particular spot for your portal, so go there. Go where you want your portal to be. Now place an object, any object maybe a rock like me. Place that rock where you want your portal to be.
Go to the "Controls" tab now and look at the X,Y,Z coordinates for the rock, make sure you have the rock selected.
Remember those coordinates in the red circle blob thing.

Those coordinates need to be typed in here. The rocks X coordinate needs to be typed into the X box. The Y coordinate needs to be in the Y box. The Z coordinate needs to go in the Z box.
Just something you should know but the coordinates will not always fit. So just type in as much as can fit into the box. Its ok if you're missing one number.
This box needs to be checked. It's important, very important. If the box isn't checked there is no portal.
When you have typed in the coordinates click the button "Test" and see if the portals where you want it. The portal will never be exactly where you want it but very near. So its always good to test it. If it needs to come forwards move the rock forwards and type the new coordinates in. If its too far left move the rock into the right and copy the new coordinates.

Now what if the portals faced at the wrong angle? What if its facing upwards too much and not straight ahead. Well face your camera in the direction or angle where you want your portal to be facing. Well what we are doing is changing the Yaw.
See that long box at the bottom of your screen? See that "Yaw:"? Well still facing at the angle/direction with our camera, without moving we need to copy that coordinate.
We will type that coordinate in this box underneath the X,Y,Z coordinates.

Anyway let's click the "Test" button. Is your portal facing the right angle and is in the spot you wanted? It is?! Well congratulations because your portal is now reachable.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to post them up.

Thanks for reading.

Offline Jeanette

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • My nickname is Jewels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 02:01:27 pm »
How do I get INSIDE the game? Like, not on the discussions or anything, just please tell me how to play it! It seems very fun do I need to download something or what? Please help!
You can find me in the Ficho Tunnel.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 02:08:59 pm »
How do I get INSIDE the game? Like, not on the discussions or anything, just please tell me how to play it! It seems very fun do I need to download something or what? Please help!

In the future if you need help or have a question start your own topic.

As for your question you'll have to go here to download the game:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23&Itemid=40

Once you download the game you can log in with the account you registered for here to play.