Author Topic: Map download problems please reply ASAP  (Read 788 times)

Offline ShadowkitX3

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Map download problems please reply ASAP
« on: June 05, 2013, 03:07:06 am »
I downloaded a map, it worked, I download another, it didn't. I deleted the other map and replaced it with the new map, it didn't work, I did several times, the old map was gone, but the new one was not there, I put it in exports and did everything the tutorial said. I really want to RP in the MAP but I can't. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( It is making me stressed out and mad. I am so frustrated so much right now. Please replay now.

EnderStar

Re: Map download problems please reply ASAP
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 01:55:20 pm »
Well, a couple of things could cause this problem.

The map is too large for your computer to handle.

The map has too much lag.

You didn't read the ReadMe and misplaced a file or two.

I would recommend just erasing everything from your exports folder and just try to download the working map. And if the map doesn't work, wait a couple days or hours and try again. If it still doesn't work then you either mixed up the files of the map, it is too large, or there is too much lag.

Good luck.

ThrillexForLife

Re: Map download problems please reply ASAP
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 03:06:08 pm »
Adding on with Caption,

If the map doesn't work when you puts it into your exports folder try telling you to follow this order instead since this helped me a few times when I crash after downloading others maps.

FHM files go into FH>Media>Terrains
FHO files go into FH>Media>Objects
FHS/FHW go into FH>Media>Sky
MP3 files go into FH>Media>Sounds/Music
Then restart the game

Also tell her to go to her game's main menu and click "options" then "video" and change her rendering subsystem from OpenGL to Direct3D9. If you used large custom meshes etc it's possible that's what's causing her the trouble.

Also as Thierry said yesterday:

There is a exporter glitch that probably makes the game to crash. If the map has custom weather, you also need to have all the custom .weather .cycle and .particle files.

I hope something here helps. Good luck