Author Topic: Adverising breakdown  (Read 2119 times)

Offline iceshard

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Adverising breakdown
« on: June 19, 2013, 10:10:09 pm »
I know 'breakdown' is a little over reacting, but since general went down, many of my roleplays are starting to falter.

I have been noticing problems that started to appear when general was taken down.

Mapped:
- Really Hard to recruit, tell players that we are here.
- We don't usually get members.
- More people go in-active

Mapless:
- Less people joining.
- Less groups being made
- Existing groups disappear.

I am worried that taking general off is a bad idea... and It needs to come back or a new Advertising thing in the game should be applied, because the Movies aren't working....

I also think that while in game, ask the general public around you about if they want general back. I did it and got this.

Yes: 12      No: 5

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: Adverising breakdown
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 10:25:14 am »
We already have a topic about General being taken off. There is no need to make another topic about it. This might either be moved to the General topic or locked

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 12:17:06 pm »
How to advertise without general chat:

1) Go ask people if they want to join.

2) Make movies.

3) Advertise in local range of people looking for a group.

Sure there are more ways.

Point is, if people are looking for a role play like yours they will find you!

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 04:02:07 pm »
I've never recruited through general-- and my group's lasted a good 6 months. My friend runs a sister group to mine and his, too, has lasted just as long-- and he's never used general.

I've always recruited entirely through word of mouth and roleplay-- even well before general was removed. Once or twice every two weeks, we take our mapped group into public areas and just-... Roleplay! No advertisements, no frantic whispers, no ((Join our group!)); we just act as our characters and garner interest. Our recruitment's inevitably slower and smaller than general-spammers, but every member who's joined has stuck around; we're few, but more active and long-term than most bigger groups! It's a very close-knit community where everyone knows each other. Honestly, people should just try!

With advertisements, you're more likely to attract those looking for a night of roleplay rather than something long-term. I'm hoping recruitment will get a little more intimate than repeatedly typing out a dull advert every two minutes! While I do agree that advertisement takes more effort now, there are other (arguably more successful) methods to get members.

Offline Lukas245

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • You Shall Not Touch My Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 03:41:06 am »
They need to turn it back up. Its one of the ways to meet friends also with fun times. and making movies... like 50% of the people there won't even click on it. And me a day ago i joined a group and it shut down due to the lack of members! They even say Raz too General down without telling the mods! this all is getting rediculous
I used to be WolfInCourt on the forums, but just call me Kuesuto now or Kue.
FH Username:Lukas245
IW Username:WolfinHeulen
WolfSoul Username: Kuesuto
           See you soon~
[img/]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/077/e/d/dubstep_art_by_bronyswag-d5yfnkr.png[/img]