Poll

Is it possible to add new main maps. It gets boring when your going to the same maps every day and the ones I download are boring because there is no one there. So can you or the FH creators add a few new maps.

yes
3 (60%)
no
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: New maps  (Read 1335 times)

Offline SilverEmber

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
New maps
« on: December 24, 2015, 12:44:39 am »
[/img][/b][/i][/u]

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
Re: New maps
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 12:53:09 am »
Unfortunately no. The creator of the game, KovuLKD, left and took the source code for the game with him. Since the current staff do not have the source code, FH cannot have new main maps added.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 12:53:52 am »
To answer y'er question, 'tis possible to add new maps in the game, but only in Cape of Distant Worlds; which ye seem to already know. People would still 'ave to download them separately, so not everyone would most likely 'ave them.

We cannot physically add "main" maps due to us not owning the source code. The owner and creator of Feral-Heart did not leave us this code when he left, so there is no way any of us or the staff can add on to the game.

There are a few popular downloadable maps out there, ye just 'ave to keep searching.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline papayatoot

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • papayatoot
    • papayatoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 02:39:37 am »
new person: when's the next FH update
older members: who's gonna tell her :/

XD classic

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 03:13:40 am »
Since I don't see much point in leaving this open, and since there is not really much more to discuss here without trailing off into another topic, I think I will lock this up. The users above have pretty much summed it up. The Staff, ourselves, are not able to add new maps as a part of the game's coding, since we do not have the proper materials to have this done. (This does not mean to say that we wouldn't want to add new maps, but we're simply not able to, in the sense that new maps could be added publically to the game in the way that the current maps are now.) There are quite a few good publically downloadable maps out there, though, and users are always creating more, so there is much more for you to discover than the maps that we provide, ourselves. It would be wonderful to update the game (such as adding new maps and fixing bug issues) if we did have the source code, but for now, we can only work with what we have. Nice suggestion, though! c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.