Author Topic: Auto-Hitting  (Read 1719 times)

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
Auto-Hitting
« on: August 07, 2013, 03:23:40 am »
Ok. Auto-hitting tends to go unnoticed. For those I've showed who don't know what Auto-hitting is, it's kinda like godmodding (arguably is a form of it). Instead of saying "Leaps on the intruder, and attempts to pin him down and bite his neck." You would say "Leaps on intruder pinning him down, and he bites his neck.".
Auto-hitting drives me insane. I'm sick of it, and most players hardly seem know what it is. It doesn't seem to matter until you get in a fight with an Auto-hiter. Then your dead in .5 seconds. It really takes the fun out of role play.

What are your thoughts on Auto-hitting?

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Hitting
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 03:30:36 am »
I saw an auto-hitter once in Bonfire who tried to hunt all the horses without their permission.

He was accused of being an attention seeker, and the fact is, he was gaining a lot of attention too and being yelled at and blocked.

I might auto-hit a bit it might seem in battles since I suck at battles, but I'm not really auto-hitting if it'd allow a few dodging moves of yours if you try and fight me.
Auto-hitting can be annoying but it is more of an attempt most of the time even when they don't say it.

I mean, we don't honestly have to include something when you're saying something to avoid the flames?
Though if you're dead in 5 seconds that's more of powerplaying, not auto-hitting.
Auto-hitting is more I imagine... "He pounces and bites the mare's neck instantly wounding her her greatly."

I don't know. I know what you're talking about there though, instant-killing.
Though I do recognize an auto-hitter when I see one. ^^

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 03:42:32 am »
Heh, I was there with ya when that floof kept hunting horses x3 I absolutely despise autohitting, to the point where I refuse to RP with anyone who uses it excessively. I had a hawk tear out my eyes once, the strange thing was that it was supposedly a realistic hawk but it worked for a 'master.' (The so called master and I were warrior cats) Sadly, autohitting is widely used, though many don't think it that bad.

Offline FlewToTheCity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
  • Mother Wolf
    • FlewToTheCity2
    • comandoness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 08:30:26 am »
To me Auto-hitting is basically Powerplay.
To me I don't mind 2-3 Rp posts of power play depending on the rating of how bad it is. If its about a 2-3
I dont mind that but if its past that then it really gets on my nerves. But with the Auto-Hitting like instant death to me its all in Bonfire. Thats where people are normaly told that the best place is there. Most of the Powerplayers are TLK chara's or Newbies who havent read the Rules.

It really ticks me off to see people Poweplaying. Just to get it out there. If you haven't read the rules please go here(Forum rules: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=16560.0 And here(Game rules): http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=18317.0

Avatar by Atrociious | Signature by Scottishy

Offline Kona

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 01:40:58 pm »
I agree, this is quite annoying...Well unless you just want to get it over with and walk away... xD But otherwise no, I usually just ignore them, it works pretty well.

Signature by ISeeYou/GoldRadium

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 02:22:03 pm »
For simple fun, power-play would be amusing, but for any regular role-play, no. Period.

I believe it's sad that anyone would want to have a twenty second role-play and then skip off to do the same thing to someone else. Power-playing is never a good way to play or just seems like laziness to me. There is no enjoyment, no build up, no end conclusion that makes you feel accomplished with the person you just played with. When you role-play, you're doing to the same thing as telling a story, doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as you and your fellow are having fun and staying appropriate along the lines of the in-game rules.

Whenever I see power-play or participate in am encounter with a power-player, it makes me uncomfortable because I know what they are thinking.
"I'm going to hurt this person and show them who's boss, then find a pride to invade."
Or, even the other way around, "I'm going to impress this person by killing two wolves in one minute."

Power-playing does not always hinder on battling, of course, it goes for other basic things also. Kicking your friend, stealing prey, licking your infant, anything that deals with the reaction of another person must be noticed by them as well. Don't just simply have your player character to something to them and just instantly expect them to go along with it. To be fair, sometimes I do that on occasion, allow another person to interact with my character with a form of power-play. I'll point out the action afterwards and let it be, but repeatedly action after action, I just can't do it, the player would be power-playing obsessionally then.

I do not like power-play because it's just not the way to role-play with anyone, never was, never will be.
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 03:14:04 am »
Auto-hitting is just a sub-division of powerplaying, which is related to god-modding. I despise both.

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART