Author Topic: Preset help...?  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 125
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
Preset help...?
« on: July 31, 2013, 10:56:17 am »
Hello there floofs.
When ever i downloada preset it works all fine, i look for the tutorial to see if i do everything right.
I place where i need the preset file, but when i enter the game, the preset isin't there.....
So, do anyone know why it happends like this?
I saw the tutorials and FH Manual. But nothing seems to work.
So can anyone help me?
Thanks.

Profile picture by me! ^.^
IM BACK!!!

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
Re: Preset help...?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 11:17:29 am »
Downloading presets for you to use, or to see others in-game?
If its for you to ise, make sure you are putting it in my presets, and then the correct number. When FH first opens, make sure your username is typed in, (dont log in though!) And go to tools<preset maker. Click on the preset number, and give it a bit to load. Then click "export". When you go to character creator, it should show up.

Then when trying to see other presets it goes in presets.

Thats all I can think of ofthat you can get confused on...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 11:19:58 am by SilverFangs »

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 11:23:13 am »
Downloading preset that was made for you:
Place the preset into Local Disk (C:)\FeralHeart\My Presets. Once you've done that, a pop up box might come up telling you to replace a previous folder. Click replace. If your folder was already named for you (e.g. Hackers preset), Then go into that folder and check what number is on the material file (e.g. Preset 1, 2, 3 etc..) then re-name your folder to preset_(what ever number was on the material file). Again, if a pop-up comes up asking you to replace. Do it =].

Downloading someone else's preset:
Download their preset and place it in Local Disk (C:)\FeralHeart\Presets then restart FH. If it doesn't show up, make sure that the preset file doesn't have a (2), (3) or any other number.. and just rename the file but just take off the (2).

I have some other solutions but just try them first...

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 125
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 11:50:27 am »
Oh, okay, thanks guys, alot. ^^
It really helped.
Thought, when seeing a tutorial nothing works.
But when some explains word to word, it's more understandable.
Thanks guys! ^^

Profile picture by me! ^.^
IM BACK!!!

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 12:00:24 pm »
Not a problem ^^, always available to help :)

Offline JASCrystal

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 08:38:20 pm »
Downloading presets for you to use, or to see others in-game?
If its for you to ise, make sure you are putting it in my presets, and then the correct number. When FH first opens, make sure your username is typed in, (dont log in though!) And go to tools<preset maker. Click on the preset number, and give it a bit to load. Then click "export". When you go to character creator, it should show up.

Then when trying to see other presets it goes in presets.

Thats all I can think of ofthat you can get confused on...

I am having trouble with being able to see other presets other people made, I made this preset I want my friend to see so I took the preset out of the presets folder where it was named "JASCrystal_11.fhp" (usual preset name after exporting) so I took it and renamed it "preset_11.fhp" and had my friend download it and all but she still couldn't see the preset. Did I name it wrong or used the incorrect file type?

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 08:47:48 pm »
I am having trouble with being able to see other presets other people made, I made this preset I want my friend to see so I took the preset out of the presets folder where it was named "JASCrystal_11.fhp" (usual preset name after exporting) so I took it and renamed it "preset_11.fhp" and had my friend download it and all but she still couldn't see the preset. Did I name it wrong or used the incorrect file type?

Easy steps:

1. Download their preset .fhp
2. Place it into FeralHeart\Presets
3. Re launch FH

Other solutions:
Solution one: Go to Local Disk (C:)\FeralHeart\Presets and search for the preset file you downloaded. If you see something like 'Username_#(1)' [Or 2, 3, 4..etc..] then just Right click the file, select 'Rename' and delete of the (1) [Or 2, 3, 4... you get the idea]. Then restart FH again!

Solution two: Go to Local Disk (C:)\FeralHeart\Presets and search for the preset file you downloaded. Ask your friend if they have any capitals in their name if you don't see any. Example: You see bigbangtheory but it's actually BigBangTheory. If that is the case then Rename the file to the correct user name and restart FH.

Solution 3: If you're seeing your friend's old preset instead of the new one, all you need to do is Replace the old one with the new one instead of having a duplicate.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 08:49:19 pm by BigBangTheory »

Offline JASCrystal

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 09:19:11 pm »
by the correct username do you mean the username of the person who created it or the person who is trying to see the preset?

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 09:24:14 pm »
by the correct username do you mean the username of the person who created it or the person who is trying to see the preset?

The username of the person who created it :)

Offline JASCrystal

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 05:48:07 pm »
The username of the person who created it :)
[/quote]

sorry for all the stupid questions, still new to this "see other peoples presets" thing. Thanks a ton! it was very helpful to me ^_^