Author Topic: The Movie Maker  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Hohki

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
The Movie Maker
« on: September 01, 2013, 09:05:26 pm »
If this is in the wrong place, please move it.

I was just browsing through the game's files when I found something interesting: the overlay programming for the movie maker in the tools screen. I knew it wasn't just the multiplayer movie maker because it had things for selecting a map and adding characters. This means that there is an at least partially functional movie-making tool in the game's coding. It's only a matter of accessing it.

I'm not very good at hacking, so I tried accessing it the same way one would access the flora editor in Spore: I made a shortcut and added "-state:moviemaker". Obviously, it didn't work, or else everyone and their dog would know about it by now.

I know some people here on FH are better at getting to this sort of thing than I am. If anyone can find a way to access the Movie Maker artifact, I will be willing to pay them for the information depending on how hard it is to get to.

Thanks in advance,

~Hohki

EDIT: To make it more clear, by "hacking" I meant something like the EMB mods, not editing the map files (which is what the rule is specifically referring to). Furthermore, the "overlay programming" is not an encrypted file--it can be opened, read, and modified in Notepad without having any effect on the game itself, so I was not breaking the rules by taking a quick look through there.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 03:22:34 pm by Hohki »

Offline zady

• I BLAME RAZ!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • DJ Rin
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
Re: The Movie Maker
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 09:58:17 pm »
well for one i really don't think you should be messing with the game files like that...

i'm not too sure if it is a very good idea to try to access the coding of the movie maker and such, if something goes wrong you could seriously mess up the game...

but really personally i don't have a clue and i don't think anyone else other than maybe the mods, probably Raz is the most likely to know, but i very much doubt they will tell you, good luck.

MESH edition
Preset & marking edition

Feel free to pm me for help!

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 10:20:34 pm »
Altering Game Files
Do NOT alter any of the decrypted files or codes for the game that might affect the maps and/or gameplay. Giving you an advantage or not, the files should remain intact unless you are given a permission to change them. If you are caught doing this you will most likely face a longer ban.
Under no circumstance are you ALLOWED to alter the coding within the FH game and or PAY to retrieve information based on it. This is a violation and I suggest you not do this. There is a rule on "No Altering Files" for a reason. This sort of act can and will resort to your account being banned for attempting to hack into the game
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 10:23:12 pm by Feareh »
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline zady

• I BLAME RAZ!
  • Finest Floof
  • DJ Rin
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 10:30:28 pm »
i thought so, thank you for confirming that feareh

MESH edition
Preset & marking edition

Offline Hohki

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 10:33:34 pm »
I never said I would be modifying encrypted game files. It could just be a shortcut, a plugin, or a modification to the overlay files--none of which break that rule, or else Feral Lands, the EMB mods, and anything that touches the overlays (I've seen plenty of mods that do that) wouldn't exist. If it does involve editing of encrypted files, obviously I wouldn't pay them, I'd get their in-game username and send it directly to Red.

Not only that, but all three of those possibilities are extremely easy to undo, so I wouldn't be messing up my game at all.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 10:36:42 pm »

I'm not very good at hacking, so I tried accessing it the same way one would access the flora editor in Spore: I made a shortcut and added "-state:moviemaker". Obviously, it didn't work, or else everyone and their dog would know about it by now.

I know some people here on FH are better at getting to this sort of thing than I am. If anyone can find a way to access the Movie Maker artifact, I will be willing to pay them for the information depending on how hard it is to get to.

Thanks in advance,

~Hohki
I don't know, this to me does sound like you are trying to alter game files and with that said you cant do that. Especially if you are going to offer money or any sort of payment for that
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline zady

• I BLAME RAZ!
  • Finest Floof
  • DJ Rin
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 10:45:54 pm »
it did seem to me that you were trying to access encrypted files and you DID say you would pay.

you seem to have changed your tune a little from "Can you help me access this" to "I'ma report anyone who can help me to red" ....

Sorry hun but it just doesn't quite add up to me, what you;re saying and all and your two contrasting comments.

MESH edition
Preset & marking edition

Offline Hohki

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 10:53:36 pm »
I was talking about "hacks" more along the lines of the EMB mods as far as what I was looking for, not actually editing the files themselves.

Offline Hohki

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 03:23:19 pm »
Bump, updated the first post to make it more clear what I'm asking for