Author Topic: Height Map Help? -Fixed-  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Saylor156

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
Height Map Help? -Fixed-
« on: August 18, 2013, 07:06:17 pm »
Hey, FHers!

I recently made a large map and I had it all saved with a map-name and everything, everything is perfect. The only thing that isn't is that I added a few extra land-formations to the height-map, but it's already saved with the old height...

The updated height map works in map-maker, but not anywhere else. I'd try messing with the files in the map folder, but... I don't want to screw it up. I worked really hard, so I'd be incredibly sad if this went to waste. :\

Help, please? :(

Silly me. :T
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 07:37:18 pm by Saylor156 »

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Height Map Help?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 07:19:51 pm »
As long as you save the heightmap you worked on correctly like the old one nothing wrong will happen.

png
513x513
grayscale
flattened image

However, from your explanation, make sure you check the correct map in cape.

The EXPORTED map works like one portal in cape.

If you have "Has portal" in your map that you work on in the mapmake it's ANOTHER portal in cape.

So unless you remove has portal and save the map in progress, you will have 2 portals to the same map with the same name, but they are different since one of them is the exported one, the other one is the one you work on in the map maker. Maybe this is your issue that you go into the old map portal for the exported map.

Otherwise feel free to explain further what the issue is.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Saylor156

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 07:34:44 pm »
Well, I suppose I'll start from the beginning.

I made the height map and mask correctly (I have made plenty so I'm not too... nooby haha) and put all the objects in. While I was finishing up putting objects in the map, I decided to touch up the height map to better fit my picture of the place. Map Maker accepted the new heightmap (just an updated version of the same one from before) perfectly, but then I saved it and check it in cape. The first height map was there, but not the updated version. So I went to map maker and exported the map with the same result. It hasn't changed.

Although, I /did/ look into the map folder in FeralHeart>Media>Terrains and it has the "MapnameTerrain" notepad file (as well as all the others) I opened that and check inside, and maybe I need to just change that? I wouldn't be entirely sure how to, if that is what this requires.

Offline Saylor156

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 07:36:46 pm »
Aah wait, I fixed it. :T I had two tabs of FeralHeart open and I exported on the new one and somehow managed to use the old one to check the map. Honestly, I can't believe how stupid of a mistake that was on my part. I apologize for this. ^^" Thanks, though.