Author Topic: Labels. Labels EveryWhere.  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Labels. Labels EveryWhere.
« on: March 06, 2014, 12:51:38 pm »
*Warning* Might rant s bit here c:

*Coughs*

As you can see, Labels are Everywhere

Yeah

I am talking about Labels like, Ill-Literate, N00b, Neon, Un-Realistic, Wolf-Speaker, Mate-Beggars, godmodder and Power Player.

I don't care if you think they RolePlay 'Wrong' or has a bright blue mane and Neon pink eyes.

It is NOT your place to tell them something hurtful, or, in some cases, PLACE THEM IN A 'Category' THAT YOU THINK THEY BELONG IN IF THEY DO NOT ROLEPLAY TO YOUR OWN STANDARDS.

It is NOT your place to call them a name because of the way that they Design the character they have.

It is NOT your duty to bully them into changing it.

It is NOT Your place to Call out 'Omg you Power-Player you can't dodge me!' Or something of the like.

I don't CARE IF they seem to be invincible.

Ever heard of 'Killing with Kindness'?

Never thought I would have to use it.  But.

Lo and Behold!

Here I am.

'Killing' People with kindness.

Putting some one down because of their Beloved character or the way they RolePlay, Whether they be Wolf=Speakers, Neons, or just your happy go-lucky kid.

Is NOT OKAY IN ANY FASHION.

And Don't play a 'Oh but I was bullied I can't bully ;-;' Card with me.

It is NO EXCUSE TO PUT SOMEBODY THAT YOU PROBABLY DON'T EVEN KNOW DOWN AND LABEL THEM WITH SOMETHING THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE HATE SO THEY WILL BE HATED.

Wolf-Speak, though different, is a WAY that others RolePlay.

Power playing and god modding are, more often then no, people who need to be taught some other ways of Roleplay as to not have them get feelings hurt by others for yelling at them to change.

Neons, Just people who are A) Creative with Bright Colors B) People who want to start something silly and fun C) People who like Bright things.

'n00bs' New people getting the hang of the game!  This is NOT a bad thing!

Mate-Beggars.  Just people who want companionship most likely. Just try and be-friend them and teach them how to get a 'Mate' in RolePlay.

Ill-Literate.  So, you call out Wolf-Speakers for using the dictionary wrong huh people?  Well, most likely, YOU just did the same thing!  Ill-Literate means, 'Cannot read nor Write'.  It does NOT mean they have poor Grammar!

Un-Realistic.  Just creative people with thier own flair that get PUT DOWN by people who have NOTHING better to do.

And if you think I am being cruel or rude in any way.

Sorry

I don't Apologize in any way.

Rant Over.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Lukas245

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • You Shall Not Touch My Cake
    • View Profile
Re: Labels. Labels EveryWhere.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 01:31:50 pm »
Very so, Labels are used everywhere around FH, its become so used that most people have learned to use and continue on with their life. I think the only thing I would label (personally) are the literates. Honestly I have nothing to say but I will post something because im awesome o3o. Anyways I think we should drop the labels and become closer as a community, not farther apart.
I used to be WolfInCourt on the forums, but just call me Kuesuto now or Kue.
FH Username:Lukas245
IW Username:WolfinHeulen
WolfSoul Username: Kuesuto
           See you soon~
[img/]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/077/e/d/dubstep_art_by_bronyswag-d5yfnkr.png[/img]

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 02:36:31 pm »
Here Here!

I am tired of the labels.

feral_cast.fhm

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 04:41:43 pm »
So true.

Labels are a common thing here on Feral Heart. Well it doesn't just happen on FH, it happens in other online communities and in reality. It's human nature to be judgemental and label people based on their actions, looks, beliefs, class, lifestyle, ect. People judge each other and lable each other all the time. It's just what makes us human.

Feral Heart is supposed to be an escape from reality, but sadly it's not a 100% escape. Every community has it's killjoys, bullies, and reminders about how cruel humans really are. There's really nothing we can do to stop them. You could argue until you're blue in the face, but that's not going to stop people from going around and labeling others as "illiterates", "powerplayers, "mate-beggers", "n00bs" and so on. A rant like this isn't going to really make people stop, or change anything. It might for some people who will change their ways when they see how shallow they've been. But there will always be those who feel the need to put others down and put labels on them based on the characters they make, or the roleplay styles they do.

Best thing to do is not let these labels bother you. Those who put negative labels on others based on roleplay skills, character design or whatever else don't really know the kind of person you really are. You're right, they don't have a right to judge when they don't really know you. Don't let their words bother you. The bullies are more than likely trying to escape their real lives that aren't so perfect. They may think of themselves highly here on FH by putting others down, when in reality they are probably nobody important. They might be some 30 year old Joe Schmoe living in his parents basement, mooching off their income, playing computer games all day because he has no job and no life. The only thing he can do to make himself feel better is put others down and treat them like they're garbage, when in reality, he's nobody! You never know.

With that being said, it's nice that you are sticking up for those who have been mistreated and poorly judged in this community. Kudos to you for speaking your mind on the matter. I wish others would be a little more considerate of other people, but that would only happen in a perfect world. This isn't a perfect world. We got to live with that.
Inactive

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 06:59:38 pm »
I had needed to vent this out Miss Alizarin.

Thank you for thinking me speaking my mind as alright.

Been a while since I've heard that.

feral_cast.fhm

Offline JackJackleHound

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • NOW KNOWN AS NIDHOGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 07:40:05 pm »

On the other hand, If people were not labeled then they would have less of a reason to become better
 Then the jerks calling them names, also by remaining grounded
With their ideals they learn how to stand up for themselves and define who they are,
Sometimes people need that, as cruel as it may seem in order to grow.

There is a point however when such things go too far,
Excessive labeling is not appropriate in anyway, nor is it healthy.
I also believe that when someone not of your particual standard tries to converse with you
Or Rp you should try to accept it or kindly reject the offer.
Further more I find it very rude when people make open remarks
About  a user or group in a negative way, after all they're no different then you or I,
Just on a different level a should be treated with equal respect.

FH is not so much of a break from reality as it seems because it is run
By children hidden behind a name and a furry face,
The same children walking around IRL. Bullies, Jocks, Clicks, Nerds, Outsiders ect.
The only difference is we've never seen whats truely there.

Sig and Avvie by Me
User: JackJackleHound
DA:TheWickedNeverRest

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 02:40:25 pm »
I understand your Opinion Ry, but to an extent.

Labeling, even if it has good intentions, Will almost ALWAYS go awry.

feral_cast.fhm