Author Topic: What's Your Opinion on Tags?  (Read 3921 times)

Offline Blackiebelle

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What's Your Opinion on Tags?
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 12:59:09 pm »
I normally put in the species tag if you can't tell what something is suppose to be at a glance (Kelpie, Poacher, a self-made species). The fox and lions don't get them though. Nor do the dogs, since they look nothing like a wolf or whatever, and their breed wouldn't fit in the name slot.

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 02:17:44 pm »
I tolerate it but I personally don't do it myself. If we did not have bios I would say its a brilliant idea, but we DO have bios which is where I think most of that information should go... so I don't think its brilliant. I think its a little bit silly. How hard is it to double click on someone or double click their name in the chat to open up their bio? If people want to do it, hey fine, go ahead. I just don't see the point. I just find it a little amusing to see a character that is OBVIOUSLY a lion and they run around as "Sparky Lion M" and by their design it is obvious to see they are a lion in the first place.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 02:20:10 pm by Silhouette »

Offline F a t a l

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 05:09:18 pm »
I myself do not use M or F tags, but I'm not extremely annoyed by those who do, to be honest. As for bios being able to say your gender.. honestly, do most people read bios? From what I've seen, no. I've always kept my gender in my bio, yet have multiple people walking up to me and inquiring whether I am male or female.

As for pack tags, I don't usually mind those since they make it easier to recognize a pack-member's rank.
Found in-game as F a t a l
Frequently hanging around on characters Daiquiri and Paenitere.

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 10:56:53 am »
I hate all the tags, I think they look messy and are not at all needed. I dislike joining groups if I need to tag, I don't think anyone needs to put F or M in their name and as for species, same with M and F it can go in your bio.

I posted a thread about this before but it was more in support of bringing back bios. People don't use them any more.

I saw a lion once, it was clearly a lion. It was yellow and had a huge brown mane but it still called it's self "Simba M Lion" I couldn't see the logic, everyone knows large yellow cats are lions and if they have manes they are male... Unless you are a made up species or hybrid then I fail to see the point.

Offline Nymphadora

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • J?s? s???? - ????'?? ?? ????.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 11:42:33 am »
The most ridiculous tags I've ever seen, are:

Bruno M Lion
Lady F Lioness

Just... Why? -Facepaw-

I personally don't mind tags if they're for rank identification for a roleplay. eg. TRCE, RMA
But if they're for labeling gender, then I'm not a fan... Bios are there for that reason, not only that, you can tell what gender a lion is so the whole M/F thing is pointless. For wolves and such, then maybe, but surely the name is enough to tell you whether it is male or female...

~Nym
W???, I s????s? I ???? ????? ??? ???? ???s, ????? ?s ?x????? ??? I ???? ?????:

Offline WoodDog

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 11:55:07 am »
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 01:54:03 pm by garisa »

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2013, 01:21:01 pm »
I agree with pretty much everyone above me.
Group tags, fine, whatever.
Made your own species? Kewl, go ahead and have a tag to show it off.
But if you're a large, golden colored cat with tan underbelly and a floofy mane...
I bet 20$ you're a wolf!
Erm...

No.

Like in Bonfire, there are these two created species [Pleadra and some type of ash horse] and because they all look the same, they use gender and species tags. Totally acceptable!

In WC RP, I can see using the rank tag and clan tag. Helps in battle to not have to look in EVERYONE'S bio.

But then comes other people.
Now, I used to do the tags because all my species were book-based.
Then I downgraded to just species and name. [Selvira Hellhound for example]
... But then I just got rid of names completely when I wave of idiots came into Bonfire and said that the WHOLE nametag was your name.
So when they RPed, they said *Walks up to Sparky M Lion* or "Hey there Luna F Wolf!"

And like Nym said this her crazies tags...

LADY F LionESS?
Rlly?!?!

Just... That's on the same level as Rose F Dragoness.

Anywhoo, my rant went on long enough.
Trans, gay, and ready to play

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 02:17:34 pm »
Ehhh... Name tags.

I have used them before in situations of RP, where rankings/packs/etc were needed, like in my old wolf RP, which consisted of two different packs in the same group. Tags were helpful then, but it showed -only- the rankings and pack affiliation.

However, in general, random RP? I only really see the need for them if you are a species that is uncommon. A dragon, perhaps, though I could see that one getting away with being an easy guess. And if you're a bear, or a fish, or a lizard, I could see a species tag being understandable.

However, I've never truly saw the real need for a gender tag, since the pronouns you'd use while roleplaying could very easily show your character's gender, even if their looks/name don't already give that away.

But in general, I don't use tags, and I prefer to just have the name, and let your character bio and RP posts tell the rest.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 02:59:37 am »
I used to use tags like M or F (whatever species I was) for almost every character I made. Now I only rarely use tags unless told to via group, even then those often long and confusing tags annoy me a bit.

I personally don't mind simple tags like M, F, or a rank, but as soon as I start seeing tags like, In Heat, Preggnant, or Unborn, I just look the other way. If a certain tag annoys me constantly such as F Lioness or M Lion, I'll whisper the owner of the tag and i form them of their mistake, and usually they thank me and go to change it. I've had a few members respond angrily, stating that I'm 'criticizing their character' or something along those lines.

The one thing I find funny is that often times when recruiting (I'm usually in Flourite, so lets use StoneBridge as an example) for members, groupless characters often are drawn towards people with leadership tags, such as King, Queen, Alpha, -star, or any other type of high-ranking role. So more often than not, there will be a handful of members sitting on Stonebridge asking around for lets say a pack, when I'm recruiting for my pack on my (tagless) Alpha wolf. ::)

Offline Loopyloola

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 07:32:41 pm »
I like some tags it helps show who you are but some are dumb like pregnant