Author Topic: Coloration Attraction  (Read 5383 times)

Offline Cherryheart

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • shrek lion
    • View Profile
Re: Coloration Attraction
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 07:35:26 pm »
Well, I once had a Pitch-black character wich was kind of a shadowcreature. Genderless. And neutral. I think about re-creating her.. just for fun. 'She' did have a tragic past (I was a newbie back then, so I thought that was very original), but otherwise, she was fine. No red eyes or blood anywhere.
My point, if you don't have any reason to make a character pitchblack, don't make it pitchblack. Shadows for example can be 'pitchblack'. Wolves and Nightfuries however..  no.
Considering the fur texture I guess it would be reasonable for a Nightfury to be black.

i sleep with a gun under my pillow pet

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 07:56:44 pm »
Well, I once had a Pitch-black character wich was kind of a shadowcreature. Genderless. And neutral. I think about re-creating her.. just for fun. 'She' did have a tragic past (I was a newbie back then, so I thought that was very original), but otherwise, she was fine. No red eyes or blood anywhere.
My point, if you don't have any reason to make a character pitchblack, don't make it pitchblack. Shadows for example can be 'pitchblack'. Wolves and Nightfuries however..  no.
Considering the fur texture I guess it would be reasonable for a Nightfury to be black.

I have seen some grey nightfuries before, but rarely. It's more creative when they aren't all black and have red eyes. It can get kind of boring. Especially if you are RPing with other nightfuries. It could get kind of weird RPing: *The black nightfury looked at the other black nightfury.* After all, if ya' have Ringo and Daily's item pack. the nightfury tail is somewhat of a greyish green. (If I'm correct.)

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2013, 02:25:01 pm »

I have seen some grey nightfuries before, but rarely. It's more creative when they aren't all black and have red eyes. It can get kind of boring. Especially if you are RPing with other nightfuries. It could get kind of weird RPing: *The black nightfury looked at the other black nightfury.* After all, if ya' have Ringo and Daily's item pack. the nightfury tail is somewhat of a greyish green. (If I'm correct.)

Please don't stray off-topic.

Offline Microfloof

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Love lights more fire than hate extinguishes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2013, 02:54:30 pm »
I have also realized this, I think it could be because black goes well with any color. Usually people have 'dark' characters, if you know what I mean, with mysterious personalities, and the look goes well. Down in Fluorite and the South Pole there are a huge variety of colors when there are many people. cx
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 02:56:39 pm by Microfloof »

Skypeeez: DelightfulRippedSofa
View my deviantART or submit a help ticket!

Offline SparkFenx

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2013, 10:30:34 pm »
 Well, for some younger players, it's harder to make pretty colors like brown, peach, etc. When I first joined I remembered having the worst trouble with it, so I made either really color-clashing browns, or black and white characters. (I'm loads better now, but I can sympathize.)

And heck, sometimes people just are not too good with 'art', or making good color combinations. I know several people who are quite good at writing and other things, but they... just aren't too good with colors/making their makings look original.

I'm sure it's simple for maybe you guys to make a character, but other people sometimes just can't.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2013, 12:03:06 am »
i have too many black wolves, and only two brown ones ;-;

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline SparkFenx

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2013, 03:16:21 am »
Try looking up color schemes, you might like some :>. I do that sometimes if I run out of ideas.