Author Topic: Bunch Of PvP/Leveling Ideas  (Read 4218 times)

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
Re: Bunch Of PvP/Leveling Ideas
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 10:12:06 pm »
I also have to disagree on leveling.

First of all, you know you're going to have people bragging about their high levels. It's inevitable. Like others said, this will take away from the RP/chat community that I'm excited for on FH.

One of the reasons I love FH so much is that it's not 'just another leveling game.' Almost all of the free games out there involve slaughtering some prey/a monster or whatever and gaining XP and moving up levels and blah blah. FH doesn't have that and creates a more fun, creative community.

I do, however, agree whole heartedly with a PvP system. I have nothing against a 'health bar' like we had in IT. That could effect that, and the PvP system would be great for rps in which your char fights another, without the random slashing and no pain giving that we had on IT xD And yes, no random attacks. A whole "Player A wants to challenge you. Accept?" popup would be perfect.

I'm on the fence with territory. It sounds really fun and cool, but there might be some fighting over territories and it could lead to lots of drama. Plus, if you REALLY want a 'territory' for your char/pack/pride that badly, you could make a map to distribute C:

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 10:34:19 pm »
Ehhh... I would have to say no. I like FH the way it will be. I think leveling would cause too much drama and take away from the main reason for the game. It's not a bad idea, but, I personally don't like it. (And yeah, me too. In leveling games, I tend to go alone and alone only. I hate fighting in teams, yet I love making so many friends. o_o)

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 04:30:10 am »
I also agree against the levelling and stats. Pretty much everyone has said what I've wanted to say XD

I will add though that someone might level up so much and get so strong then go put it to bad use and troll around and try to "kill" everyone for fun. Disrupting the peace and such.

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 03:49:33 pm »
Like your ideas! :D
But same as others not he leveling x3

Safa96

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 04:46:15 pm »
I had the same idea about a leveling system.
I am not to keen on the idea either. While it would be cool to have diffrent abilites, it would be unfair to the people who only have so much computer time so other players are a much higher level than they are and that would get pretty fustrating. Some people might start bragging about their levels too. And when I get to play feral Heart, I don't want it to be like Xbox live.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 02:51:11 am »
Long things short.

Leveling would totally ruin the social level of the game. And it would turn into something completely different.

Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Grosskatze

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • Claw... I miss you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 09:49:40 am »
other than leveling these idea are GREAT! i'd love to see pvp and territories in fh, it would "glow" brighter than all other fh-like video games! but there must be unclaimable places and an option for claimable or not claimable territory in private maps
greets, grosskatze

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2013, 12:33:50 pm »
The things you stated are pretty good, but I must say a big no to the leveling.

Think of IT - Players strutting their stuff and bragging about their "amazingly high level". It was the same with items in IT. Everyone being the same is the best way to go if you don't want little newbies complaining about their small level, forcing the mods to work 24/7, calming the complaining users while keeping watch on other things.

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 06:48:38 pm »
Guys, this thread is from early 2011. Don't necro things please.

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious