Author Topic: FeralHeart.exe has stopped working... Again.  (Read 1137 times)

Offline wolfspirit999

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Live well laugh often love much~
    • View Profile
    • Wolf Kin
FeralHeart.exe has stopped working... Again.
« on: September 16, 2013, 01:05:27 pm »
I have suffered such a problem before. Now, it is back. I cleared out my exports folder, and whoop de do, FH not working again.
It shows the KovuWorks Screen, and the Ogre etc screen, then before the loading screen, kaput.
Any ideas? No particle doubles, no new maps, no new objects...
This is annoying -.- Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart.exe has stopped working... Again.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 01:17:53 pm »
"Kaput." That's adorable, but we'll see if we can fix it nonetheless. c;

You've done the right thing by looking through and making sure no extra particles and whatnots are causing troubles.
I would try changing your rendering system, firstly.
Go to your FH folder, then open ogre.cfg with Notepad.
Focus on the first line of text, and replace it with Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem

Save, and then try opening FH again.

If this doesn't work, you can always try deleting the .good file from your FH folder.

But if these don't work, you could always try backing up the stuff you need (maps, markings downloads, preset), then uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 06:35:21 pm »
Oh, aww again. That's why you should always think wisly before even touching something. The easy way I do it is redownload feralheart because I had the same problem and I could not fix it. Yes, like WhiteLightHeart said. You could backup stuff by doing them like a download file for everyone to download. Don't know how?
First thing, you need to export your map in map maker. Secondly, you need to go to FeralHeart >> Exports. Thirdly, you need to make a new folder on your desktop and add all the .fhw, .fhm, .fhs, .fho's that were exported from your map into the folder you made (Make sure to name your folder). Once you've done that, right click the folder and select 'Send to' then select 'Compressed zipped folder' and it should make a zip file of your folder. Finally, upload it to mediafire or sendspace. Any file sharing sites.
I hope you know sharing sites, like photoshop, tinypic, deviantart etc.
You also need to have an account to start exporting stuff, don't worry. It will take a few seconds to do it and when you zipped your file and those stuff, you can reput them to your new feralheart folder! :D See, nothing in life is not possible. If you don't have a WinRAR file to zip it, click this link. It is free and no virus: http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

Offline wolfspirit999

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Live well laugh often love much~
    • View Profile
    • Wolf Kin
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 09:32:30 am »
I know the 'Kaput' was me practicing my German for too long. xD
Anyway, I have had Feral Heart a long time, I have well above 100 maps, many many presets and objects, all the usual stuff, experienced crashes, glitches, all that business. So, my FH is a little tattered now, and I have a lot of stuff, which does not like being saved anywhere else... *GlaresAtFHFolder*
So I already changed the rendering system (Should have mentioned that, sorry) and deleted the .good file (Should have mentioned that too.)
I know that re-downloading after backing up is the best option. But, well. My internet, and especially computer, cannot handle downloads very well. I can have it get a very small download, but it can't cope with any more than that... So basically I cannot download it again, it shuts the system and internet down -.-

EDIT
Wow okay so my computer messed again well okay xD
So, I can't find any issue here, but I am sure there are loads of other ideas.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 08:12:49 pm by Quai »