Author Topic: Lazy Character Creation.  (Read 2207 times)

Offline SabrinaWolfBlaze

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Lazy Character Creation.
« on: September 26, 2013, 03:00:29 am »
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 02:57:30 pm by SabrinaWolfBlaze »

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Character Creation.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 03:09:14 am »
Really it all just depends on the person who really defines the word creativity. To some, that is a creative color pallet/theme. Its like some of my Professors say when they are critiquing work
"Less is More"
Really it all just comes down to the person running around as that really. As long as they are happy with what they made then it should stay like that
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 03:14:57 am »
Im sick of solid black characters with red scars - personally I think kts become overdone. Probably because people dont want to spend half an hour on a character. Which is understandable if you do short term RPs, but black evil characters are really cliche.
Thats just my opinion though

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 03:23:14 am »
While I do understand that what may seem common to us may be someone's favorite character look I will not lie when I say that it would be nice to see some more original looking characters out there. The sea of black wolves is becoming a bit overrated. Now I wouldn't have much of a problem with similar looking characters if the users would at least make their characters stand out personality/story wise but it seems that the personalities are becoming just as common as the looks. Almost every black wolf is a killer or a demon or something. People are losing their individuality a bit but I think it could just be a lack of creativity and attachment to characters that is causing this. -shrug-

Offline wolvesaregreat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ?If you can't eat cookie on your own, call me!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 11:09:06 am »
Yes, it is kind of simple and lazy creation. I totally agree that Feral Heart has tons of creativity in it and it's usually unused. Still, many people hate when everyone is neon and colorful, and most of them prefer simple designs that are still pretty. I prefer black character with lots of tufts. I'm not really into demon stuff but I like those dark colors and how they look on my wolves, especially because I'm trying to be realistic as much as possible. Don't worry, many people are still creative even if there are many that prefer that, I guess dangerous style.
~*Build your dreams, do things that you want! If you don't, others will use you for their needs, for their lives, for their dreams...*~
?Also, join my snow leopard group. It's called ~*~Snow Leopards~*~ and you can find it on Adversiting Board too!?

Flying cow

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 11:50:28 am »
I will admit, it is kind of annoying and I myself have been guilty of it more than once. But, in a way to shield myself and a few others out there, I often, if my character is dark pelted, put their sliders to all black due to him/her wearing a preset which means those who see me are /required/ to download the preset. And often the presets I've made look nothing like the default one because well yeah. \D Though I do like my dark colors though I'm very creative with how I adjust my sliders due to being a little OCD and my characters needed to have matching colors. -Shrug- No need to take this post seriously.

Offline peete

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Pineapples...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 12:46:29 pm »
I wouldn't call it lazy... But It is something a lot of players are doing. It's kind of like the Warrior Cat problem. You see them ALL THE TIME, and eventually you get sick of it. Same thing with pitch black/dark characters. When I make dark characters I put all the sliders on 10 or 20, so the fur detail is actually visible...

INACTIVE BECAUSE OF INTERNET ISSUES...

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 01:00:08 pm »
Black characters etcetera are contagious such as yawning. People keep seeing these giant, black demon things and say "Ooh, I want to be one!" Poof, there goes another demon to corrupt the world.  Or it's just that they're not creative and think demons will be all black since they're deadly and dangerous. I have a daemon character Alicia, but she's light brown with orange eyes. ;u; People need to be more creative in the future.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 12:40:07 am »
I don't mind it that much, besides the fact that not all wolves are black; most are a mixture of grey/brown. It would be nice to see some more unique characters running around instead of the same thing all the time, but I can't control that. As long as the characters' personalities and histories are unique I guess it's fine.
Farewell everyone<3