Author Topic: The Definition of Spaz  (Read 2036 times)

Offline Hohki

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
The Definition of Spaz
« on: September 21, 2013, 09:35:23 pm »
So, I'm trying to get Feral Heart to work on my laptop. A very peculiar computer, I must say--it's slow with everything, and Impressive Title games cause it to bluescreen. And yet, this little laptop can run Feral Heart at maximum graphics settings with no lag. Which is great.

Except for one thing.

The terrain won't stop spazzing.

I tried everything, and there seems to be no easy fix. Any ideas?

Also, I got on one of my character in Ficho, and the minimap's white parts were medium grey O.o

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: The Definition of Spaz
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 11:05:10 pm »
Have you tried looking here yet?

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 06:54:22 am »
Also make sure you're using Direct3D. OpenGL makes beautiful scenes but I think it's rare to see someone with it working correctly.

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Hohki

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 01:52:34 pm »
I'm using a laptop that can't get a new graphics card, and it can't handle Java. Direct3D causes it to crash.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 04:38:11 pm »
Java is a necessity for playing other games. So if your laptop can't handle Java, I don't think it can handle Feral Heart. I do think you need to at least see what graphic card you do have, and if so try to remove some old softwares that you perhaps dont need.
The other thing I suggest is switching rendering systems, but you said doing that makes it crash.
So how about lowering the viewing distance, and turn off the water reflection. It might reduce the lag and let you in.
But from the looks of the screenshot you took, I would think it would be a graphic card error
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Hohki

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 06:25:22 pm »
Java is a necessity for playing other games. So if your laptop can't handle Java, I don't think it can handle Feral Heart. I do think you need to at least see what graphic card you do have, and if so try to remove some old softwares that you perhaps dont need.
The other thing I suggest is switching rendering systems, but you said doing that makes it crash.
So how about lowering the viewing distance, and turn off the water reflection. It might reduce the lag and let you in.
But from the looks of the screenshot you took, I would think it would be a graphic card error

Feral Heart doesn't use Java, so I don't need it for that. I'm pretty sure Java games on the PC are dying out anyway.

I said before that I can run the game at maximum graphics settings with no lag. I already tried turning them down, though, but it didn't fix the terrain spaz.

As for software I don't need, my laptop is practically empty--all it has is web browsers (Internet Explorer, FireFox, and Chrome), stuff I need for homework (Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc.), a few Chrome extensions to speed up browsing, and flash.

I know what graphics card I have, and apparently it's the same one I have on my gaming PC (except it hasn't been updated in years because updating it requires Java).

Since I don't have this terrain problem on IT games (when they somehow don't cause the laptop to bluescreen), I'm beginning to think FH wasn't coded quite as well...

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 09:10:57 pm »
Since I don't have this terrain problem on IT games (when they somehow don't cause the laptop to bluescreen), I'm beginning to think FH wasn't coded quite as well...
Although Feral heart has it's own glitches and downsides, there is nothing wrong with the coding since 98% of people who play this game have absolutely no problem playing with it. Hey if it was working fine before then perhaps it's just a computer system error that needs to be adjusting. You can always try to run as administrator and see how that works.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358