Author Topic: Humans are the devil?  (Read 4387 times)

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
Re: Humans are the devil?
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 09:49:08 pm »
"Humans ate my daughter."   

I love this. Makes perfect sense. People do seem to hate humans these days...
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline Smilodoncat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 10:15:21 pm »
I have noticed this as well, and I agree it is very overused and cliche. However, I believe it can be done alright.

I actually decided to play with this trope when making my character, Amazon.
Amazon was raised on a bile farm (In China and Korea they farm bears for their bile to be used in traditional Asian Medicine). She finally was given the chance to escape one day, and eagerly took it. Amazon didn't think much about humans after that. Yet the wilderness was much to harsh for her, and she was near death when she was found by a kind old man. This man was a Scientist, working on a revolutionary new drug. A drug involving nanobots. The old man loved nature and decided to try and save the bear using his medicine. And it worked. However, the nanobots where programmed for humans, not animals. And in the process, Amazon was given human like intelligence. With her new intelligence, Amazon found she needed a scapegoat for all her problems in life...and humans fit the bill.
Amazon for a while turned into a sort of terrorist, destroying human property and killing humans for no good reason. She had an organization on her side at one time. Eventually she began to realize what she was doing was wrong, and her efforts fell apart.
Now she has mixed feelings on humans. She still hates them with a passion, yet she owes them her life as well.

Offline nubeees

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 12:03:23 am »
As Chrysalis said, it can be done well, but is very cliche. Take my main character, Helius for an example. I purposely made Helius a sort of conundrum to confuse a lot of people. Helius was born, and grew up in a lab, sent out to Bonfire island as a part of a survival experiment, to see if a cheetah injected with nanobots and implated with an artificial intelligence (A.I.) would have a higher suitability then natural cheetahs. So while Helius was in fact experimented on, or more accurately, is being experimented on, he wants to return to the laboratory, where he'd probably just lounge around for the rest of his life. XD
With Helius I try to usually make humans seem like the 'good guys'. :3

Offline Fellthefox

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Fell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 03:43:20 am »
The two legs arnt so bad...for the most part atleast. They smell kinda funny in my opinion. Look a bit cold. Why are they sol bald? And they seem to bad(How would I know?? Lets not go there~).
I think its just a group of apes Id rather avoid. Rather be a fox and all. 
<3

Offline pecchara

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • nyoom
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 10:00:42 pm »
I've seen too many dogs/wolves/cats abused by humans setups to count. Humans do seem like they'd be a potential antagonist, but mostly in domestic animals. It seems that way to me because of the terrible reality of animal cruelty. For feral animals, humans' environmental impact plays a somewhat similar role. Then there's a mix of fantasy in both domestic and feral animals where humans can be antagonists.

If I think about it, it sounds silly but intriguing. I wonder about why that's such a common trope. Maybe it has to do with reversing perspectives in RP - instead of playing a human, play a lion, bird, or dog and explore how the average human becomes an oblivious (or intentional) menace to the wilderness. Then again, there are other villains in the wilderness besides humans, so who knows?

Personally, I don't think it's a bad  thing. It would be interesting to see animals like rodents or herds, with a positive-developed human bond along with dogs and cats.
However, I'm not tired of the big bad human trope just yet.

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 10:55:03 pm »

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 12:36:27 am »
Humans are easily one of the most misunderstood animals on the planet Earth, and they seem to get a lot of flak, especially from the "animal-lovers" community.

When people say, "OMG HYOOOMANZ SUK!!11!! I HAET HYOOMANZ!11!! KILL THEM ALL!!11!" I just want to give them a "you're joking, right?" look and say, "You know YOU'RE a human, right? Your family, your friends, your favorite bands, your favorite artists and writers, you know that THEY'RE all humans, right? Do you hate them, too? If you want all humans destroyed, will your family and friends be the first to go?"

Yeah, the whole "humans killed my family" thing gets old in character bios. Yes, humans are a pretty screwed-up lot who do a lot of evil things to each other, themselves, and their fellow creatures, but we are capable of a lot of good as well. Which is why I like to see bios of characters who have had good encounters with humans, like a stray dog who has fond memories of a previous owner who is now deceased, or a kittypet who is proud of his luxurious lifestyle. It's refreshing. :)

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline Hennessy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Avi art by Tessel! Thank you m'dear.
    • Ruffle-Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 01:44:21 am »
I'm going to admit this, I have one character who has had a bad problem with humans but it was a somewhat accident. My charie Shamrock's home was devasted by a forest fire when I camp fire went out of control. But he ended up saving a young child so he doesn't hate on human really. xD

But I see what you mean, most people use humans in a negative way and I agree it's a bit cliche.

Siggy By: Jackkdaw
Find Me In-Game: demonicheir
DeviantART: Ruffle-Dog (There's nothing there rnow. owo)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 05:45:53 pm »
I'm going to admit this, I have one character who has had a bad problem with humans but it was a somewhat accident. My charie Shamrock's home was devasted by a forest fire when I camp fire went out of control. But he ended up saving a young child so he doesn't hate on human really. xD

But I see what you mean, most people use humans in a negative way and I agree it's a bit cliche.

+Floof for you my friend :)

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972