Author Topic: GUYS, PLEASE HELP ME A GET A PRESET CUZ I DID THE RIGHT STEPS!!!  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Skygal123

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
GUYS, PLEASE HELP ME A GET A PRESET CUZ I DID THE RIGHT STEPS!!!
« on: December 03, 2013, 12:08:25 am »
Hey guys its Hannah here and I was wondering how to get a preset because I did all the right steps and its still not working.
Thanks,
Hannah
..:Sky:..

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Re: GUYS, PLEASE HELP ME A GET A PRESET CUZ I DID THE RIGHT STEPS!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 12:22:58 am »
Are you making one or downloading one floof?
(If Making One)
If you are making one, did you make them .jpg images? And did you do this.... EX: preset_5head? and ect. If you didnt its an easy fix hun, just go and rename them ^.^ Or, if you didnt save them as a .jpg image, re-export/save them as a .jpg

(If Downloading)
If you are downloading a preset...........
1. Download the preset, and unzip or if it was rar, open it in WinRar.
2. Copy all the files inside.
3. Match up your material file number to the preset folder number and dump all the files inside, replace the material file.
4. Open Feral Heart and go to preset maker.
5. Select the preset number you had put the files into, and for example it looks like dis....ex: Preset 8
6. Export the preset, and it should be good to use floof!

Hope dis was helpful for you!

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Skygal123

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 01:18:37 am »
Ok well when I pressed export preset it said failed to export preset.
P.S. I am downloading a map from the feral heart website.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 02:17:31 am »
Are you asking how to get your preset in game? or for maps?
Cause if you are trying to export a preset to actually use make sure that your coding and file names are the same and or correct. Sometimes when you use the wrong coding it will fail to export
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Skygal123

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 02:31:51 am »
Ok guys, first of all I have no idea what you guys are talking about when you use all of these terms. I am not very experienced with computers or feral heart so I have no clue as to what your saying!
Please be patient and try to help me,
Hannah

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 02:48:58 am »
When you first turn in Feralheart, and you land in that screen that asks for your username and password, there are five buttons. Click the one that says tools. Go to whatever thing you are working with, (In this case presets I guess) and look at your preset. To look at maps you've made, type in it's file's name, for example: (These will not work with you) Map.png or Mynewmap.png and it will appear on screen for you to test. With presets, just scroll down to whatever preset number you put the preset in and click it. If you are satisfied, click export. Clicking export will alow you to use your map/preset in game.

Now, if you mean make a preset: (Look here) First, color in your preset whatever way you like, and save it as: preset_(NUMBER YOU WANT TO SAVE IT AS)(PRESET'S BODY PART). So, for an example, you could save the head as preset_3head and you MUST save it as a file called a .jpg. When you save it, i'll say how tou want to save it. Save it into C: >>> FeralHeart >> my_presets > (PRESET'S NUMBER).

Then, like I said before, go into tools and preset maker, and test the preset. If you are satified, export it.

If this doesn't solve it, could you please explain your issue more throughly? Is the preset coming up white? Are you trying to get others presets in game?

Excuse my typos. Phone >:U

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 02:52:35 am by AlphaEclipse »

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 02:52:10 am »
Cause if you are trying to export a preset to actually use make sure that your coding and file names are the same and or correct. Sometimes when you use the wrong coding it will fail to export

By means of this make sure you labeled your preset right. Ex: preset_#body

# = the number of your preset, so, if my preset were preset 2, then I would label the body part: preset_2body

If the head, you would switch the body to "head", etc.

For the coding, go to (C:) Local Disk >> Feral heart >> my_preset

And click the folder you are using (ex: if using preset 2 click on the folder)

Then click the notepad and make sure you have label the parts correct]

Example:

!! If your preset is preset_2 and you have labeled the parts (of Gimp that you have drawn) preset_2body.jpg. As for the rest (head, tail, etc.) the same too.

This may be slightly confusing I hope you understand this..if not refer to the other posts (They are smarter)

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 11:04:36 pm »

By means of this make sure you labeled your preset right. Ex: preset_#body

# = the number of your preset, so, if my preset were preset 2, then I would label the body part: preset_2body

If the head, you would switch the body to "head", etc.

For the coding, go to (C:) Local Disk >> Feral heart >> my_preset

And click the folder you are using (ex: if using preset 2 click on the folder)

Then click the notepad and make sure you have label the parts correct]

Example:

!! If your preset is preset_2 and you have labeled the parts (of Gimp that you have drawn) preset_2body.jpg. As for the rest (head, tail, etc.) the same too.

This may be slightly confusing I hope you understand this..if not refer to the other posts (They are smarter)

Like stated by Oreo hun, all you need to do is find the file you have your preset under, for example preset 6 or preset 9, and if you are unsure, look at the number beside the picture files of your preset, for example preset_6head or preset_9body. And with your preset there is a material file, it looks kinda like this preset_6.material, this goes in your folder numbererd after that file for example Preset 6. THen after you have placed every one of the files in your correct corresponding folder, open FH. It should come up for your main screen, next click Tools and go to Preset Maker. Find the Preset name you saved it under for example Preset 6. Click it and your preset should pop up, click Export and it should say exported preset as example HidenShadow 9.

Now, you said you were downloading a map, well ima tell you how to do it hun ^.^.
1.) Download the file.
2.) Unzip/Rar the folder.
3.) Copy everything inside.
4.) Open your FH folder that should be located under your C: Drive, C://>FeralHeart>Exports
5.) GO to your exports folder and dump everthing inside.
6.) Open FH and log in, go to Cape Of Distant Worlds and find the portal with the map name over it, enter it, it may take more then one try though, its normal, so nothing to worry about ^.^
7.) Enjoy the map!

Hope this helped floof!

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline DevXVI

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • These memories won't fade
    • EventineXVI
    • DevXVI
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 02:32:51 am »
Everything cleared up for you floof?

Signature by HellVix