Author Topic: I keep crashing!  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Wolfbabe1

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
I keep crashing!
« on: December 08, 2013, 07:20:43 pm »
Hey guys. I keep crashing in FH a lot now. Idk why. But even in lonely cave I crash! I didn't used too at all. See it was fine Thursday night and then Friday and Saturday night I just kept crashing constantly. Help please! Thanks!

AlphaEclipse

Re: I keep crashing!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 07:28:17 pm »
Go into your particles file (Which is found in C: >>> feralheart >> media > particles) and delete any ending with _0 _1 _2 etc. When you export a map, sometimes particles are doubled, and this derps the game itself. If that didn't work, change you rendering system:

When I got my new laptop this summer, I got this exact same thing. It's a rendering issue, is all, so all you need to do is go in-game, go to Options>>Video, and then select Direct3D9 under your rendering system. The, restart the game.
Direct3D9 is the FH render system for Windows, so it should fix the issue, especially if you've also been experiencing random crashes along with it.

It is also possible from an overload of mods or other things that would probably overload the game and make it slower. Try to uninstall any mods, or stuff like that. If yew can't, uninstall and reinstall.

If none of that works, you have to reinstall FH from the website. SAVE ANY MAPS OR PRESETS FIRST!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 07:30:21 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline wolfspirit999

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Live well laugh often love much~
    • View Profile
    • Wolf Kin
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 07:39:41 pm »
Just in case none of what AlphaEclipse posted works (Which it should); what is the error message that comes up before crashing?

Offline Wolfbabe1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 07:53:00 pm »
Oh i just mainly lose connection most of the time. It's never done it before this much.
My subsystem is already direct3D9 as well
I've been losing connection almost every time I log on after like 5 minutes or less I'm not sure why it's doing this.
And my Internet connection is perfectly fine.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 07:57:22 pm by Amy Shook »

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 07:59:59 pm »
Oh i just mainly lose connection most of the time. It's never done it before this much.
My subsystem is already direct3D9 as well
I've been losing connection almost every time I log on after like 5 minutes or less I'm not sure why it's doing this.
And my Internet connection is perfectly fine.

Ah, this sounds a lot like an internet problem. Also, change your subsystem by going into the feralheart folder and clicking the orge file. Enter this in and replace your subsystem.

EDIT: Replace the first file in the orge file with this:

Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
[OpenGL Rendering Subsystem]

This should work. If it doesn't, I'd delete the FH folder and reinstall. Also, do you have many browsers and programs up when you play?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 08:05:57 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Wolfbabe1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 08:23:09 pm »
Okay and if that doesn't work  then what?

Offline Wolfbabe1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 08:24:09 pm »
No I don't.
I uninstalled and now I am reinstalling it. Idk why it's doing this. I tried to get on a few minutes ago as soon as I got on, lost connection. It's really ticking me off I just hope that this uninstall and reinstall thing helps.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 08:34:35 pm by Amy Shook »

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 08:46:10 pm »
No I don't.
I uninstalled and now I am reinstalling it. Idk why it's doing this. I tried to get on a few minutes ago as soon as I got on, lost connection. It's really ticking me off I just hope that this uninstall and reinstall thing helps.

Ah yus, I've never heard of that happening before. I wish you luck

Offline wolfspirit999

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Live well laugh often love much~
    • View Profile
    • Wolf Kin
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 10:28:04 pm »
I have very few ideas, but the first thing that comes to mind is possibly is your firewall maybe cutting you off? Also if you are on skype or other internet sites that can mess up your FH connection I have found.
(Also please try to avoid double posts xD)