Author Topic: Why is Fluorite Plains so populour?  (Read 1746 times)

Offline donutforest

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Why is Fluorite Plains so populour?
« on: December 24, 2013, 05:51:16 pm »
Why is it so populour? Its been a question thats been bothering me for a while. My only guess is because its like a forest, maybe, in a way..  :-\

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Re: Why is Fluorite Plains so populour?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 05:55:33 pm »
I've always wondered the same thing myself. Perhaps it the best quality of RP for people since most want to RP as a lion or anything like that. It has more objects in it and unlike big maps such as South Pole, Atlantic, and Lonely Cave, is the largest map that FH has. My guess is cause it has more things in it compared to other maps that are limited in caves and other meshes
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 05:58:32 pm »
It's probably because it has so much room and work put into it and it's so easy to get to sometimes and so great for roleplay sometimes that it's a wonderful map just for those players who want that and to explore around the place, too. Unlike Bonfire, you are able to stay away from the most laggy points of the map while there are a ton of players already there.

So, I guess it's just been rated one of the best maps since it's so unique and been worked pretty hard on by the looks of it, eh? Sorry if I confused you with my rambling, haha.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 05:58:55 pm »
Hm, I've been wondering this myself too. My guess would by that it's so big. Or at least, bigger than other maps. It also is.. More interesting, you could say. It has more objects/trees and such, un like maps like Last Cave and South Pole. Whatever makes it so popular, it does indeed attract lots of different role plays and users. One could easily say it's where most of the staff members hang out. But this isn't always the case, as I saw WhiteLightHeart in South Pole just the other day.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 06:00:21 pm »
Fluorite Plains is considered the biggest map in Feralheart, thus allures mapless roleplays with it's plenty of space to roleplay in. You could say a lot of well-known packs such as the Benevolents (Benevolent Pack), the Vs (Red Ra}V{age), the Avani, etc. have originated from this map and is seen quite frequently here. Well-known roleplays attract roleplayers and while Feralheart is a game that encourages such an art, many individuals tend to hang around that map for quite some time. In addition, members have taken the notion to advertise for their roleplays here, which is seen quite often via movies. The mods also tend to hang around the N/Z at times which can attract users who'd like to just say a simple greeting to them. There is generally a lot of factors to explain why Fluorite is the most popular map. However, this is just what I assume as another's reasoning can be quite different.
gone

SoulRevenge

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 06:01:56 pm »
I think its sort of 'central' location and large size has an effect on it, too. I mean, its connected to Cape of Distant Worlds and Ficho Tunnel- both accessible through portals in Lonely Cave. This also has probably made it an 'advertising hub', which of course, in turn, attracts even more people to it. That, and formerly when General Chat still existed, the constant chatter in that box probably also allowed a more sociable atmosphere- and then it just stuck after the chat was removed.

I think that its location is more of the cause than the size or the objects, though. But the size and objects are still attributes to it all~

Offline Trixxy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 06:19:31 pm »
I believe it is popular because it's much bigger then the other maps with more parts of it to explore so the people of FeralHeart has deemed it as an advertising spot, nice place to Roleplay mapless groups and just a place to derp around.

Though a lot of the other maps are very wonderful indeed, most people tend to show up at Fluorite. Another reason many people like it there is that there is something called "MOD Rock" I think it is. Maybe members just want a chance to see the MODs and maybe talk to them.

The last reason (in my opinion) is that it is the only map with a portal to Cape of Distant Worlds (Besides Lonely Cave) and it makes it easier for mapped Roleplays to get to their map after advertising.

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 07:42:04 pm »
It's the only map to have dens, and while it has some objects, it's fairly empty. It's a vary basic surrounding, so it can easily be imagined as a different environment- more easily the South Pole or other maps.
It is large, and therefor attracts more roleplays to claim a spot that is less likely to be used a lot, unlike Bonfire. It's size also spreads out the weight of trolls instead of throwing them all into one spot, also unlike Bonfire.

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 11:10:59 pm »
In addition to what those above me have said, Fluorite has been popular since the opening for a number of reasons. Like mentioned, it IS the biggest map--it has the most objects, more space, and you can seclude yourself rather easily if you want to get away.

The only original maps in FH were bonfire, ficho, FP, the cape, and temple of dreams. If you think about those maps, you can see why FP got so popular. You originally spawned in Bonfire--and it first, it was the most popular map actually. But due to the lack of space, the chat would move really fast so people would leave. The tunnels, though cool, are a bit rather boring and once you go over that waterfall there used to be no way back unless you did "Go Home" or the screenshot jumping glitch which only worked some of the time. So once you got to FP, you were sorta stuck there. The cape is merely for custom worlds, and temple is just...probably the least popular public map. It was cool at first, but once you got to the top, there was nothing there, so you fell back down.

So really I think at the core, it was the lack of easiness to get out of FP, the space, and the good advertising pool.

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Offline DevXVI

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • These memories won't fade
    • EventineXVI
    • DevXVI
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 03:21:32 am »
Probably because of the diversity and size of the map. Many call it home. Many rp's have taken place there, and the fact Flourite Plains has 3 maps connected to it, so you can get to anywhere basically. (Before Lonely cave was installed).

Signature by HellVix