Author Topic: Making rooms available for all  (Read 764 times)

Offline grayflame

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Making rooms available for all
« on: May 04, 2015, 01:04:43 am »
 So i need help, I have created a my own map and i need to know how to make it so i can share with others. I don't know how to get the files out so others can place it in their feral heart. Please help

AlphaEclipse

Re: Making rooms available for all
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 02:25:25 am »
Hello, Grayflame! Here's a step-by-step guide on making your map(s) downloadable to other users.

1. When someone is finished making their map, normally they will click the "export" button located in map maker. Visibly, this allows users to explore maps while logged into the game, however, this also spits out a collection of other files into a folder located in the Feralheart folder located on your computer. The location for this folder is Feralheart\exports.
2. You will need to gather those files that the exporter spit out; those files are what allow you to enter the map and interact with it. Go into Feralheart\exports (normally located on a computer's C: drive) and find all of the files. The files normally are in the formats of .fhm, .fho, and .fhw. Make sure to select and copy them by right-clicking.
3. Once you have moved all of your copied map files to another, empty folder and compress it. Right-click the folder, go to "send to..." and select compressed (zipped) folder.
4. Use a file uploading site (a popular one around Feralheart is Mediafire) and upload them for public use. Give the link to others so they can download and install your maps.

Hopefully this is clear and easy to follow. Good luck! :)