Author Topic: How does everyone make such awesome characters? ;w;  (Read 2857 times)

Offline DevXVI

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • These memories won't fade
    • EventineXVI
    • DevXVI
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: How does everyone make such awesome characters? ;w;
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 03:19:18 am »
It really depends on your own style. I seem to stay within more grey toned, and duller coloured characters. (also due to my slight colour hue issue with my eyes.)

Signature by HellVix

Offline Trixxy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 05:10:59 am »
Often times they are just ideas that come to my head after reading something, watching a movie or show, Roleplaying, a discussion or just looking at pictures over Google! Though awesome character ideas can come from anywhere and often times can be something that someone favors immensely.

Offline Smilodoncat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 05:35:52 pm »
I put very little thought into the actual appearance or design of my characters.
I simply look up a reference picture of the species and mess with the sliders until I have something decent. I don't attempt to make my character's design look "pretty" or "unique", just realistic for the species and not hideous to look at.

For me, a character's appearance means absolutely nothing. What matters is the character's backstory, it's personality, and development.
That is all that matters.

Offline lolflap

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 06:36:16 am »
Okay, so you want to make a great-looking character?

First, pick a color scheme. Look up some color scheme generators. Next, choose your markings carefully. Does it clash? Is it too soft-looking?

You may want to use different fur textures for your character; the colors may blend better if that's your thing.

But, this is my opinion. A lot can go into a character if you want it looking perfect. I personally like characters with varying shades of brown-beige.

However, as XenonUnicorn said before, it's not really appearance at all. It's more about how your character IS, than what they look like.