Author Topic: Ok so I have a noobish question about maps  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Azoth

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Ok so I have a noobish question about maps
« on: January 14, 2014, 05:17:54 am »
I've only been playing for a few days, the forums are big difficult for me to navigate so I thought it would be okay to ask here. I only have a few maps on my game. Lonely Cave, South Pole, Cave I forgot the name to, Ascensionl Island, Sky's Rim, Bon Fire Island, and Fountain Plains, (or is it Fluorite plains????). So the question is.. are these all the maps that FH has? Or do I have to download more and apply them to the game? If not how can I get to other maps?

Offline Tripwire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Bamidele Lions Of Dodoma
    • View Profile
Re: Ok so I have a noobish question about maps
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 06:20:05 am »
Yes, those are the default maps that come with the game, if you search the forum for user made content and maps you'll find numerous very easily. To get (most) maps you'll need to download the files and put any .fhm .fmo .fhs files into your exports folder in you feralheart folder. It's pretty simple. For more advanced maps that use new textures you'll need to follow their instructions as to where to put files. =] Just use the search bar on the forum for a type of map you want such as Savannah or forest and find a map you think looks cool that's public and download it! :D

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 06:27:36 am »
The public maps within Feralheart consists of:

Lonely Cave
Atlantis
Last Cave
South Pole
Ficho Tunnels
Ascension Island
Sky's Rim
Cape of Distant Worlds
Fluorite Plains
Bonfire Island

If ye' need help in navigatin' around the game, as ye' should possess every map labelled above, look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2aPhakzpY-Y

If ye' wish to get to additional maps that are not provided in the original download of the game, also called Private maps, ye' will have to download the map's content and extract the files into yer Feralheart folders. T'is not generally difficult to do once ye' know how to do it. If ye' are interested, look at the link below:

Click here.

Hopefully this will prove helpful to ye'. Also, be careful where ye' post yer threads as I do believe this thread belongs in the Game Help section of the forums.
gone

Offline Azoth

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 07:25:25 pm »
Thank you! I have another question though, I don't want to make another topic and clutter the forum so is it okay if I ask here? I'm trying to download texture packs (and possibly maps in the future). I tried to extract the texture pack into the texture file that was within the media file. But when I did that and tried to start the game, it glitched and wouldn't connect. Am I doing something wrong?

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 07:31:27 pm »
Did you replace the old texture with the new one?
Cause when you decide to use a different texture pack you must replace the old ones and keep the names the same. If you change the names or just leave em in there it might cause it to crash or leave your characters plain.
But the connection problems really has nothing to do with texture in general. Make sure that you are properly connected to the internet by clicking on your anti-virus and switching it off.
Either that or you can try to switch rendering systems from Open>Direct3D9.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 07:32:13 pm »
Make sure to change your rendering system from OpenGL to Direct3D9 by going to c:>FeralHeart>ogre.cfg and replace the OpenGL lines to Direct3D9.

If you're using Direct3D9, open up FH, go to "Options">"Video" and set everything a bit lower so it doesn't lag.

Offline Azoth

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 08:02:39 pm »
Oh, I did not replace them. I was afraid of doing damage or deleting things I might need.

Now I replaced all the old items with the same name with the new items. However I still think maybe I did something wrong? The last few times I installed FH it would give me the window where I had the drop down list of selections to use. However when I use it now it automatically runs the game in a window...