Author Topic: Failed to connect to front server  (Read 1016 times)

Offline KpopKitsune

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Failed to connect to front server
« on: January 24, 2014, 10:03:32 pm »
I've been getting this on and off for the past two days, I can log in at times but once i click a character, it will say
"Cannot connect to main server" Then send me back to the title screen, and i'll get
 "Failed to connect to front server".
I was able to be on for a few hours this morning then it crashed, and now I am getting it all over again, am I the only one having this issue?  (Not sure if I posted this in the wrong forum)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 10:33:58 pm by KpopKitsune »

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Re: Failed to connect to front server
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 10:13:20 pm »
This is the right place, by the way. ^^
As for your problem.

Quote from: Red
Bad tokens is the servers way to tell you that something went wrong when loading a map/location most of the times. The client failing to communicate with the server, or other way around. If there was some connection problems just during the time you tried to load a new map, this might happen to you. Also maps that has an extreme amount of online users, or more objects and other custom things might take longer to load, and the chance of getting bad tokens might rise. Usually the issue doesn't last for too long and get solved by just trying going through a portal again or loading the character again or just keep reconnecting, for some it's worse than others.

Failed to connect to map server is a message you also can get while changing maps and entering portals in the game. It's usually nothing severe either, and as worst, your character might be stuck in that map until there's a reset of the map server process. Another issue similar to this can be if you get the loading screen after choosing a character, but it never loads. Most of the time it should be followed by this "failed to connect" message. If you try to choose another character that isn't placed in the same map, it sometimes let you play since every map in the game, has it's own server process. Sometimes the server needs to be restarted in order to fetch some stuck characters. If you had characters that's been stuck for weeks, you should contact the staff.

Failed to connect to front server is another funky message you might get. Most of the time you get this either when your internet is down or the server is down completely. It can also be that your firewall or any other security software is preventing FeralHeart from accessing the internet. If it's the server and not your internet it should be sorted shortly and be back up and running, if it will be down for longer times the staff will let you know.

If the server is up though for a longer time, and you're still having issues to connect, you should follow the tips mentioned in the post "Unable to log on/go online" above, and if that fails to work. Contact those responsible for your internet or maybe someone that knows more and are able to help you.

Offline KpopKitsune

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 11:13:00 pm »
I'd turned my Firewall off completely, even uninstalled and re-installed FH, the site says the server is online. Am I possibly doing something wrong? It's still being wierd for me, saying the whole "Cannot connect to front server" and "Cannot connect to Main server" Also thank you for letting me know i posted in the right place. ^ ^
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:16:34 pm by KpopKitsune »

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 11:17:28 pm »
I'd turned my Firewall off completely, even uninstalled and re-installed FH, the site says the server is online. Am I possibly doing something wrong? It's still being wierd for me, saying the whole "Cannot connect to main server" and "Cannot connect to Main server" Also thank you for letting me know i posted in the right place. ^ ^

Try switching your rendering system in settings. Also, when FH is open, make sure FH is the only window open. Other browsers/programs use bandwidth, which FH needs to connect to the server. If I fin anymore useful information, I'll edit this.

Offline KpopKitsune

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 11:39:50 pm »
Okay, Switched the rendering system settings and still nothing, thank you so much for finding time to try helping me, I really appreciate it.
EDIT: No other program is running in the background, and I am still getting the messages, I really hope I am not the only one having this issue D:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:14:19 am by KpopKitsune »